2010 "Laughed at on Draft Day" Team!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2010 "Laughed at on Draft Day" Team!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

2010 "Laughed at on Draft Day" Team!!!

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:08 pm

The fantasy regular season ends for most of us in less than 12 hours.

If back in August/September, you walked away from the draft with the follwing line up, you would have been sad - very, very sad. 3+ months later - you would be calling yourself a genius, people would think you either had a time machine or could see into the future...

All of these guys have an ADP of round 5+ - most much later (I didn't look, but my brain is an encyclopedia of fantasy knowledge - just kidding)...

QB Vick
WR Bowe
WR Lloyd
WR Owens
RB Foster
RB Hillis
TE Lewis
K Carpenter
D Oakland

Bench

QB Orton
WR S. Johnson
WR M. Williams (TB)
RB McFadden
RB Tomlinson
RB Tolbert
TE Watson
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2010 "Laughed at on Draft Day" Team!!!

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:25 pm

There were only a few picks that I "laughed at on draft day".

S.Jax at 4th pick overall -- Went wild on the kid who took him
K. Kolb in the 3rd round -- Funny how he got hurt and then he didn't even pick up Vick because I grabbed him ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby spodog » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:02 pm

The guy I laughed the hardest at was the guy who took Ben Tate in the middle rounds. Our draft was over 2 weeks after Tate busted up his ankle in the Cardinals vs Texans preseason game. Still laughing. . . .
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby u_fig_eater » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:17 pm

I saw one guy draft Tom Brady and Drew Brees, and another Antonio Gates and Dallas Clark. Both of them said they would try to trade of their two studs. That never works. People know you're desperate to deal one so you won't get fair value. Neither of them was able to pull off a trade. It's even dumber for a QB or TE since you can only start one.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby FatFoot » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:33 pm

I think that in the last few years, if you had a Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and could trade one, you could clean up. It doesn't matter if you appear desperate. People would make trades for those guys. THIS year? You're hosed. Sometimes it does work. I loaded up on WR talent... at one point I had Roddy White, Anquan Boldin, Maclin, Britt and Bowe. I wheeled and dealed to get the starting RB I was desperate for (because my #2 RB from draft day, DeAngelo Williams, basically never played this year!)

I play a little too gentleman-like. I screwed up on draft day and accidentally bid on the Pats D, by bumping the min bid. It meant that I paid $2. Not a big deal, but the problem was, it was a roster space that I couldn't afford. It was a technical error on my part... I had no intention of owning that D, or playing that D... purely an accident. But I decided that I wouldn't slow the league down by asking them to take it back. There were 2 other glitches that people caused on the draft, which were corrected by the commish shortly after my mistake. I damaged my team by not wanting to inconvenience people (I feel that if it's your fault, suck it up) and these other teams got problems corrected. So 2010 draft _I_ was the embarrassment.

I made up for it by losing game 1, and then winning 10 in a row. Hopefully I get the last laugh.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:22 pm

I lost my connection to Yahoo and ended up with Ryan Mathews in the 2nd round. Needless to say, he's no longer on the team.

In my other PPR league, I took Brandon Marshall instead of Roddy White in round 2. I thought about it the full two minutes and then make the wrong choice.

One team in our league picked many of the guys in the initial post. We WERE laughing at his chances after the draft. He ended up finishing 2nd in his division by a tie breaker and is a strong contender in the playoffs.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:15 pm

I guy took LT with the 8th pick overall.....I laughed all the way untill my 4th rounder(greene) didn't do anything the whole year
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:06 pm

No love for BJGE? He has single handedly saved my season (Dallas Clark and Gore).

He's 8th in scoring amongst RBs the last 5 weeks, compared to...

Turner (10th)
Rice (11th)
McCoy (13th)
CJohnson (19th)
SJax (27th)

This has definitely been the year of the pickup. A team that looked great at the draft could not hav survived until now without one of the guys on this page, IMO.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:00 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:No love for BJGE? He has single handedly saved my season (Dallas Clark and Gore).

He's 8th in scoring amongst RBs the last 5 weeks, compared to...

Turner (10th)
Rice (11th)
McCoy (13th)
CJohnson (19th)
SJax (27th)

This has definitely been the year of the pickup. A team that looked great at the draft could not hav survived until now without one of the guys on this page, IMO.

He was the next RB on my list, after Monday Night, I have no problem what-so-ever replacing LT w/ BJGE
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager