James Starks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

James Starks

Moderator: Football Moderators

James Starks

Postby verb1999 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Is anybody taking the bait on this guy? I don't know much about the Packers, are they likely to roll with this guy from here on out? I guess there will be no definitive yes or no, but what are your guys' opinions? His upcoming playoff schedule is:

week 14: @ Detroit
week 15: @ N.E.
week 16: vs. NYG

Probably not the most favorable, but could be worse I guess. Anybody going to pick up this guy?
verb1999
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Hockey

Re: James Starks

Postby 2centworth » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:56 pm

This Article told me all I needed to know.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/111342359.html

"That's a good running back," said Donald Driver. "He showed what he could do. I just want to see more of it. He'll get his opportunity once again next week (at Detroit)."

Said tackle Bryan Bulaga, "Starks is a good player and he's only going to improve week to week as he gets more reps."
2centworth
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flyn high again » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Packers are "talking" about using a 3 man rotation. Truth? Who knows. Starks is high risk/MAYBE high reward for the playoffs IF the Packers give him the majority of carries. I'd only use him if I was desperate.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby verb1999 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:16 am

Indeed, McCarthy is looking at going with a rotation of three halfbacks - Jackson, Starks and rookie Dimitri Nance, who didn't play Sunday after he suffered a concussion in the previous game. "Brandon is still our main guy. He's done it all year," McCarthy said. "(But) I don't think it's in our best interests with as much football as we have in front of us to sit there and run Brandon Jackson 25 times a game."

I interpret this as McCarthy saying Jackson is the clear #1, however with playoffs coming up & a lot of football to go, and some major talents waiting in the wings, it only makes sense to balance out/ease the workload so Jackson is good & ready for the playoffs. That's what I get out of it anyways. Which makes Starks' value real unpredictable moving forward.
verb1999
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:40 pm

This looks like chasing a dream to me. I grabbed Jackson as soon as Grant went down, and he was gone almost as soon as I could hit the button. The Packers aren't going to run enough, and if they do, you never really know who will touch the rock. I guess if you are really hurting at RB, then the gamble may be worth it.
DaShiz23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby seahawks506 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Any discussion on Starks for 2011? I think he gets around 150 touches next year as he eats into Grant's workload, and when Grant becomes a FA looking for big $$ they decide to roll with Starks for the future. Wishful thinking a bit, yet reasonable given how much they've trusted Starks in the playoffs and his similar build with Grant. He needs to learn to run lower though, but I think he's a great buy-low/ buy while you can.
seahawks506
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guru13 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:18 am

seahawks506 wrote:Any discussion on Starks for 2011? I think he gets around 150 touches next year as he eats into Grant's workload, and when Grant becomes a FA looking for big $$ they decide to roll with Starks for the future. Wishful thinking a bit, yet reasonable given how much they've trusted Starks in the playoffs and his similar build with Grant. He needs to learn to run lower though, but I think he's a great buy-low/ buy while you can.

I don't know if Grants really gonna have the leverage to ask for a huge salary in 2012, he should be fully healed by this coming season but by then he'll be almost 30 years old (turns 30 in December of 2012 season), and seeing Starks really show up here in the playoffs you can bet there'll be quite the distribution of carries next year.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:56 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:
seahawks506 wrote:Any discussion on Starks for 2011? I think he gets around 150 touches next year as he eats into Grant's workload, and when Grant becomes a FA looking for big $$ they decide to roll with Starks for the future. Wishful thinking a bit, yet reasonable given how much they've trusted Starks in the playoffs and his similar build with Grant. He needs to learn to run lower though, but I think he's a great buy-low/ buy while you can.

I don't know if Grants really gonna have the leverage to ask for a huge salary in 2012, he should be fully healed by this coming season but by then he'll be almost 30 years old (turns 30 in December of 2012 season), and seeing Starks really show up here in the playoffs you can bet there'll be quite the distribution of carries next year.

I agree. I can see this being very tough to pick who to draft this upcoming year. The most upside has to be Starks but I fear he wont get the full load.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby HomerJay » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:08 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:

I agree. I can see this being very tough to pick who to draft this upcoming year. The most upside has to be Starks but I fear he wont get the full load.

agree.... I would wager that GB would roll Grant as the favorite with Starks sharing the load.
He who laughs last...thinks slowest
HomerJay
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby thebigsmooth » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:22 am

Grant is coming off a pretty bad injury. It will be curious to see how this shakes out. I really think it will be a RBBC at best
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Next

Return to Football Talk