Bye the bye - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bye the bye

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bye the bye

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:13 pm

So you've got a first-round bye? How do you prepare your team for the playoffs? Do you start looking ahead a week and trying to snag all the guys who have good matchups for week 15/week 16 now? or do you just chill out and watch what happens this week before doing anything? Do you start trying to mess up your opponents by taking all the decent ww players at positions they need, since you don't have a game this upcoming week?

Looking for some thoughts on how to handle the bye week properly....
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bye the bye

Postby FatFoot » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:23 am

This is one of the few spots where I could see picking up a player that I have NO INTENTION of using... as long as I roster a full lineup. But most importantly, I'm looking for FA moves that I can make after tomorrow night's waiver processing... I could use some tweaks for week 16 (whether that's the Superbowl or the Moneyback Bowl) and a little help for week 15.

I'm planning on making a BUNCH of moves, and get them done this week... I can always update if better options become available.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bye the bye

Postby Flyn high again » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:08 pm

I look at my players for each playoff week and determine strengths and weaknesses based on abilities and match ups.

I look at my first week opponent's players (if known) and determine strengths and weaknesses.

I look at the waiver wire and determine if picking up any players would make my team stronger or my opponent's team less strong (if I take a player so he can't get them).

I determine if dropping a player would strengthen any playoff opponent's team.

I weigh the options and pick up a player if it will help my team, hurt my opponent's team and not result in a valuable player being made available. Sometimes this is a trade off and/or best guess situation.

This year, my opponent next week is weak in the RB spot. Chris Ivory was available on waivers. Although I have Hillis, Bradshaw, Tolbert and Westbrook, I picked up Ivory so my opponent cannot use him. Actually, I may play him this week based on match ups and his recent performance. I dropped Mike Williams (Seattle) because his injuries look like they will keep him out at least one game, maybe more. I'm not happy about dropping him and will keep a close eye on his progress. If I have any WR injuries or he heals fast I may need to pick him up again next week. Fun time of year!
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk