The almighty soldier in defence ---Linebacker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The almighty soldier in defence ---Linebacker

Moderator: Football Moderators

The almighty soldier in defence ---Linebacker

Postby jx008 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:56 am

The important member of defence,also the omnipotent one, that is the Linebacker.

Linebacker maybe the most omnipotent player,they should be good at sack skills for their responsibilities are to obstruct the RBs of opponent;They need be one of Blitz for they should make trouble to the QBs ;also they should keep an eye on WRs and TEs which receive the ball;And sometimes they should compete Ols too…..It can’t be too much to say they are omnipotent.A good Linebacker is welcomed by all teams and few team will let their main linebacker go.

Representative ones:

Ray Lewis,# 52 of Baltimore Ravens
I regard him as the model of MLB.I think you guys think so , right ? The man used to be the Super Bowl MVP for super offensive player. His technique,his consciousness,his physical quality , ann are the best.The number one of the Baltimore Ravens offence group.His words worked too, a man of great authority,the man the offencers are afraid of most.

Brian Urlache # 54, Chicago Bears
“The cruel Pyrenean Mountain Dog”,the RB’s killer,the QB’s nightmare, fierce collision.He is the” Chicago beast ”.As long as he is in the game,he is the iron gate which nobody can get through. Figure huge but with cleve mind.As a MLB, he is perfect,his INT ability even stronger than some CBs ,SACK ability can compare with OLBs and Des.

Patrick Willis,#52 of San Francisco 49ers
What a beast! My favorite MLB,the future soldier. 3 three years,only three years,Willis had confirmed as a number of Hall of Fame.His head-the-league SACK ,.his super speed.Although he is not as strong as the above two,his flexibility is his most stronge weapon. Good observing ability, outstanding Consciousness.You can use any word yo can get to discribe him.

There are other admirable linebackers who I will introduce to you guys next time .Maybe tomorrow. Time to sleep now,Good Night! Everybody.

¥20 nfl jerseys, cheap retail jersey
jx008
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: The almighty soldier in defence ---Linebacker

Postby petedog9 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:49 am

Ray Lewis is way past his prime.Yes he has all of the intangibles as a vocal leader and mentor and acts as another coach on the field. There is no doubting the sum of his career. He will go down as one of the best of all time. But if you are basing this on current performance, he is just above average on the field and makes up for his lessening physical ability by using his field smarts and positioning. He's not even the best linebacker on his team, Suggs is... He is a sure fire HOF'er but has definatley lost a step.

Urlacher to me is the epitomy of an over rated player. He too isnt the best Linebacker on his team. I'll take Briggs any day of the week. Urlacher is not a RB killer and in fact I see him as soft at the point of attack. He is so over hyped IMO its not funny.

Willis is a beast. He is a true sideline to sideline player with the ability to rush and cover. The kid can blow up plays..
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Lewis in his prime was head and shoulders above the rest. He had the combo of physical skills and football knowledge.

Urlacher has the physical skills. His football knowledge, although good, isn't on a par with Lewis. I sometimes would agree that he is overrated but then I watch a game like last week's where he had, I believe, 17 tackles. Hard to fault a guy when he's stopping the majority of plays nearly single handedly.

Lest you guys forget, THE most important member of a DEF is the thinking strong safety. Get a SS with brains who can run the DEF and everything works. Lately in the NFL it seems that brains are taking second place over physical ability. Where have all the Gary Fenciks gone? Granted, Troy Polamalu is exactly this kind of guy and he shows how important he is but there aren't many like him anymore.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FatFoot » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:01 pm

We've seen Urlacher do things that are nearly impossible.

He's overrated because people have, for his career, considered him the Linebacker Jesus. But having watched his whole career... his physical ability is just absurd... mind boggling. If he'd spent his whole time in a defense that best suited his skills (like the Ravens, for example) his numbers would be obvious first round HOF material.

I do think Briggs is marginally better, particularly in this defense... but then, a lot of that could very well be BECAUSE of Urlacher's presence. Urlacher + Briggs + Peppers is a trio of "this doesn't make sense that a person of this size can do these things." How does something like a Julius Peppers even EXIST on this planet?

Anyway, it's popular and even REASONABLE to rail against Urlacher for being overrated, just like (in my field for example) it's reasonable to rail against the idea of Jimi Hendrix being the greatest guitarist of all time. What it doesn't change is the fact that he's got to be in the top 3 of his generation, and that his impact on the game (the field he's on) may be more significant than almost any of his peers. Same as Ray Lewis in his prime.

And what team wouldn't kill for a Patrick Willis? Yikes.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk