Nursing School - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Nursing School

Moderator: Football Moderators

Nursing School

Postby Metroid » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:18 am

So as most of you know, school has taken over my life completely. Today I have my last final, and then the hardest term I've ever been through will be complete. I had my anatomy and physiology final on Monday, crap that exam was difficult. I didn't think there could be so many different ways to ask about action potentials, and sodium channels, ligand gated gates, synapses, and blah, blah, blah. Just brutal. I did end up getting a low A on the final which holds me at an A for the class. Anyway, I'm planning on applying for nursing school at Linfield Nursing School here in Portland this cycle and the deadline is January 15th. I still have some prerequisites to finish up: 2 more A&P classes, a couple more Bio labs, and a nutrition course, but if I'm accepted this cycle, I wont have to stress on getting A's anymore and just have to pass the rest of the prerequisites. I have a very good chance of being accepted since I'm already done with my math, writing, social sciences, and psychology prerequisites and have a 3.9 GPA through all of them.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share that. Wish me luck!
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Nursing School

Postby knapplc » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:48 am

Good luck, Met, and of course you know I know you can do it.

Great job so far.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:53 am

Congratz and good luck - hope everything works out ! ;-D ;-D

BTW, I see they've already issued an action figure to honor you:

;-) :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:56 am

Good luck ;-D

My wife is an RN so I know the kind of hard work it takes
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:01 am

Did you get in?

Does the action figure also come in a bobble head?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:28 am

Props man. I started down that road a couple years ago but gave up pretty easily. I'm lazy and a quitter. :-b

Now I do work part-time in the medical field (sleep technologist) and I really enjoy meeting and getting to know patients. It's an awesome field to go into for sure. Some patients are jerkbags and b's, but for the most part it feels awesome to know you're helping them get better (as opposed to a soul-sucking retail/customer-oriented type of job).

Congrats on the high scores. Keep up the good work, buddy! ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RiffRaff » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Jimboozie wrote: (as opposed to a soul-sucking retail/customer-oriented type of job).

Congrats on the high scores. Keep up the good work, buddy! ;-D

Hey, I employ them there kind.
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Metroid » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:48 am

Thanks fellas. I haven't heard back yet, I should know by the end of this month or sometime next month. ;-D
Metroid

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:30 pm

Metroid wrote:Thanks fellas. I haven't heard back yet, I should know by the end of this month or sometime next month. ;-D

You've been getting good grades all along, I'm confident you'll get some good news.

Now... you're going to be surrounded by many a hot young nursing student. Those little white gowns. Those no-nonsense approaches to sponge baths. Those ultra-sheer scrubs that can't quite hide their thong lines... man you better post pics.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:21 am

Out of over 800 applicants to the Linfield Nursing School here in Portland, I am proud to say I am one of just 200 that were accepted for the Spring class of 2012. :-)

With all of the awful BS that's been swirling on around me, it's nice to have some good news for a change. What a huge relief to know that everything I've been doing is in fact good enough. With the level of competition, I've had my doubts. I'll probably still apply to OHSU, and maybe PCCNP and Mt. Hood, but just knowing that I'm accepted somewhere is great. I know I still have a lot of work to do, but man what a journey it's been already, and it feels like a huge weight has been lifted. :-°

If you all are looking to get me a congratulatory gift, I'll take a set of these. :-b
Metroid

Next

Return to General Talk