Concussions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Concussions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Concussions

Postby utility-hook » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:52 pm

I could be wrong, but with the NFL's concern about head injuries, I seem to remember hearing about a rule this season about players who receive a 2nd concussion during the season MUST sit out the next game after the 2nd concussion. Can anyone confirm this? Aaron Rodger's was knocked out of the game today against the Lions after suffering a concussion. This would be his 2nd of the season which means he could miss week 15 if there is such a rule. He had his 1st one week 5 or 6 if I remember correctly.
utility-hook
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Concussions

Postby 011472 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:08 pm

I hope not! I need him next week and I'm working on being cautiously optimistic for now. But I think if this rule was in place, it would've been mentioned on one of the "news" sites. I haven't seen any mention anywhre.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Concussions

Postby Flyn high again » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:20 am

From CBSNews.com:
The league said its concussion committee, team doctors, outside medical experts and the NFL Players Association developed the new standards.... ....The new policy states, in part: "Once removed for the duration of a practice or game, the player should not be considered for return-to-football activities until he is fully asymptotic, both at rest and after exertion, has a normal neurological examination, normal neuropsychological testing, and has been cleared to return by both his team physician(s) and the independent neurological consultant."
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk