Big 10 Division names - what do you think? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Big 10 Division names - what do you think?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Big 10 Division names - what do you think?

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:21 pm

The new division names: Leaders and Legends.

The logos:

Overall, not terribly impressive to me. Not flashy, which is I'm sure what they wanted, but it borders on boring.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Big 10 Division names - what do you think?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:34 pm

B1G FAIL :-t
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:53 pm

They're not great, but I think too big of a deal is being made of it. I could care less what the division and trophy names are called or what the logo looks like as long as the Huskers are winning them.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sandrock » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:53 pm

An ugly logo that's misleading for a league with 12 participants and division names that make absolutely no sense. The B1G Ten is really firing on all cylinders on this one.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:32 am

all the trophy's being named after 2 people is pretty lame too...probably nobody had the balls to name the coaching trophy solely after Bo or Woody
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:07 am

The trophy names feel like they just tried way too hard. And the biggest joke is that they named the Running Back award after Ron Dayne and Alan Ameche. Do these people not know who Archie Griffin is? :-t
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:10 pm

knapplc wrote:The trophy names feel like they just tried way too hard. And the biggest joke is that they named the Running Back award after Ron Dayne and Alan Ameche. Do these people not know who Archie Griffin is? :-t

Grange-Griffin MVP: Honors legendary Illinois RB Harold “Red” Grange (1923-25) and Ohio State RB Archie Griffin (1972-75), the only two-time Heisman Trophy winner).
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby knapplc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:00 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
knapplc wrote:The trophy names feel like they just tried way too hard. And the biggest joke is that they named the Running Back award after Ron Dayne and Alan Ameche. Do these people not know who Archie Griffin is? :-t

Grange-Griffin MVP: Honors legendary Illinois RB Harold “Red” Grange (1923-25) and Ohio State RB Archie Griffin (1972-75), the only two-time Heisman Trophy winner).

Don't get in the way of my hissy fit.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:35 pm

If the intention was to come up with the stupidest division titles possible, "Legends and Leaders" is a full on win.

Not surprised one bit. In fact, I'm more surprised that the Big 10 officials are surprised at the negative response from the Big 10 community. Whoever thought Legends and Leaders was a good idea should be slapped...really hard.

EDIT: I think it's funny that Delany says naming them East-West or North-South is "impractical" yet the title of the conference will remain Big 10 when there are 12 members. Uh, okay dude. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:11 am

Guy on another forum was saying that these names got a 90% disapproval rating. Could their focus group have been THAT far off?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to College Football