JOE WEBB - QB/WR Eligible - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

JOE WEBB - QB/WR Eligible

Moderator: Football Moderators

JOE WEBB - QB/WR Eligible

Postby JoshKnows46 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:09 am

Would anyone start him as a WR3 if he gets the start at QB on Monday.....QB/WR eligibility im sure you could do a lot worst as a WR3.

Joe Webb-QB- Vikings Dec. 14 - 10:09 pm et

Interim coach Leslie Frazier indicated Tuesday that Joe Webb would start this week only if Brett Favre and Tarvaris Jackson "definitely are out."
Favre isn't in the Vikings' future and Jackson shouldn't be, but Frazier is still going with the quarterback that gives his team the best chance to win. If this wasn't an interim situation, giving the raw but freakishly athletic Webb a look would make sense. "It may come to that just because of where our numbers are," acknowledged Frazier.
I only live by 3 rules: Eat Twat, Smoke Pot, and Smile Alot
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Re: JOE WEBB - QB/WR Eligible

Postby JoshKnows46 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:14 am

looked him up a little, and wow, webb is a BADASS, i hope he gets the start...( i can't believe they started tavaris over him) i might start him over the bum, anquan boldin.

He's as fast as Percy Harvin, big as Sidney Rice, and has Brett Favres arm strenght.

here's his td run against san fran..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlOEzJ4sTRQ

here's his 41 yard run against the broncos....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo_WpHkrWd4

he's a freak, check this out... LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9PsUH1fmJk

College career
Webb enrolled at UAB in 2005. He was redshirted for the 2005 season. In 2006, he did not get an opportunity to play until the 11th game at Southern Miss, but he was able to start the final two games of the season. During the season finale at UCF he connected 33-of-51 passes(64.7 percent)for 426 yards with one touchdown pass, a season high for any Blazer quarterback that year. During the 2007 season, Webb saw extensive action playing wide receiver, starting 7 games and finishing the season with 30 receptions for 459 yards with three touchdown catches. The 2008 season was Webb's first full season as UAB's quarterback, starting all 12 contests where he passed the C-USA record for rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season with 1,021 yards. He was also ranked 4th in the nation for rushing yards for a quarterback. He was voted a permanent season team captain by his Blazer teammates at the end of the season. As a junior Webb became the first player in NCAA history to pass for more than 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000 in consecutive seasons. Webb was ranked in the top 12 nationally of three statistical categories: total offense (5th), rushing (10th) and passing efficiency (12th). Webb finished his 2009 season with 2,299 passing yards and 1,427 yards on the ground, the latter the third-highest season total by a quarterback in NCAA history. For his career, Webb had 5,771 passing yards and 2,774 rushing yards for a total of 8,545 offensive yards. Webb also registered 37 passing touchdowns, 24 rushing touchdowns and four receiving scores.[1] Webb wasn't invited to the 2010 NFL combine.

Working out as a wide receiver at UAB pro day, Webb turned in numbers that would have bested the cream of the rookie crop at the combine. His vertical jump of 42.5 inches was better than any turned in by a receiver in Indy. His long jump of 11 feet, 5.5 inches also would have led the way.

And Webb's bench press—21 reps at 225 pounds—was the best at his position. Only one other receiver managed 20 reps at the same weight, according to UAB athletic department. Webb also ran the 40 yard dash in a fast 4.43 seconds.
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby Azrael » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:45 am

That is interesting having a starting QB be WR eligible...have to keep an eye on that situation.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby spodog » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:12 pm

Why would he be WR eligible? Are you talking about some kind of Yahoo! public league or something that has him listed as a WR?

Seems to me if he is listed on the Vikings Official Roster as a QB, then it's pretty screwy for a league to allow him to be WR eligible. 8-o

Vikings Roster: http://www.vikings.com/team/roster.html
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:21 pm

yes yahoo has him as QB, WR
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kira » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:47 pm

He was WR returning kickoff in week 13's buffalo game

spodog wrote:Why would he be WR eligible? Are you talking about some kind of Yahoo! public league or something that has him listed as a WR?

Seems to me if he is listed on the Vikings Official Roster as a QB, then it's pretty screwy for a league to allow him to be WR eligible. 8-o

kira
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JoshKnows46 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:22 pm

Good indication that the Vikes aren't hopeful on Favre or TJax or both......

Vikings agreed to terms with QB Patrick Ramsey, formerly of the Dolphins.
It's the strongest indication yet that the Vikings are preparing to be without both Tarvaris Jackson (toe) and Brett Favre (body). Ramsey, 31, will attempt to learn Darrell Bevell's offense on the fly this week, preparing to back up rookie Joe Webb against the Bears on Monday Night Football. We may not know the Vikings' starter for sure until just before game time.
Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:23 pm

spodog wrote:Why would he be WR eligible? Are you talking about some kind of Yahoo! public league or something that has him listed as a WR?

He worked out as a WR before the draft. And the Vikings drafted him as a WR prospect but later decided to develop him as a QB. He does have a very strong arm from what I've seen.

I've heard a few different people call him the best athlete on the team. That's a heck of a compliment on a team with ADP and Percy Harvin among others. He's still extremely raw and will likely look horrible against the Bears but if he starts he should at least be able to run for a decent amount of yards.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JoshKnows46 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:25 pm

i play all 4 of my leagues on yahoo, so i'm not sure about others, but he is wr/qb elibible on yahoo.

and viks called him a WR at the begining of the year, then he was moved to QB, then moved to PR/WR 2 weeks ago, then back to Qb most recently...he was drafted as an atlethe.

i'm gonna start him at wr3 in one league, he has to be better than boldins 0-2 points a week, i also picked up earl bennett incase he doesn't start, so i have a body to put in his place....but i figure his floor is 7-8 points, and being a qb his upside is threw the roof for a WR, a Qb has the ball in his hands every offensive snap, though his match-up isn't good at all. high reward type player, and he plays monday so you'll know if your team needs a homerun, if your team just needs 4-6 points, then you can just go with earl bennett or devin hester as i'm sure they are both also on the wire. atleast thats my plan.
JoshKnows46
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Decent interview: Joe Webb and Paul Allen at Winter Park

But it's worth noting that he is dealing with a hamstring injury. It's entirely possible he won't be able to go or that he'll be limited.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk