JOE WEBB - QB/WR Eligible - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

JOE WEBB - QB/WR Eligible

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: JOE WEBB - QB/WR Eligible

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:22 pm

bungle613 wrote:But that is just my point Maris. There should not be a cutoff. A good FF site should update as the season goes on. At the very least as Flots already said... once Webb was declared a STARTING QB then the WR designation should have been wiped out. IT really should have been done weeks ago.

Last I will say on bashing Yahoo though and I agree with you and everyone else that it is by no means unethical to take advantage of a sites mistake as long as your league allows it.

I will also say that it is great drama having the Vikes/Eagles game pushed off until Tuesday. Now all those who wanted to start Webb either had to scramble today or know that come Tuesday night, they have a risky start that may win or lose them a championship.

The last part of your statement pretty much sums up my day. Saw that Andre wasn't playing and I was definitely going to start Webb as my WR3 behind Jennings and DeSean, but I saw that the game got moved until Tuesday. I had Mike Williams (Seattle) on my bench so I ended up rolling with him for a whopping 2 points :-t Who knows if I should have rolled with Webb. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. :-t :-t
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Maris09 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:12 am

bungle613 wrote:But that is just my point Maris. There should not be a cutoff. A good FF site should update as the season goes on. At the very least as Flots already said... once Webb was declared a STARTING QB then the WR designation should have been wiped out. IT really should have been done weeks ago.

Last I will say on bashing Yahoo though and I agree with you and everyone else that it is by no means unethical to take advantage of a sites mistake as long as your league allows it.

I will also say that it is great drama having the Vikes/Eagles game pushed off until Tuesday. Now all those who wanted to start Webb either had to scramble today or know that come Tuesday night, they have a risky start that may win or lose them a championship.

I don't know that ANY site changes stuff like that once the season begins though. It's kind of like changing the scoring settings after the draft has taken place. Can't really do that.

But again, this situation has seemed to screw more people over than it helped, which was my point basically the whole time. It was a risky move at best, and it backfired on a lot of people.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bungle613 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:22 am

Maris09 wrote:

I don't know that ANY site changes stuff like that once the season begins though. It's kind of like changing the scoring settings after the draft has taken place. Can't really do that.

But again, this situation has seemed to screw more people over than it helped, which was my point basically the whole time. It was a risky move at best, and it backfired on a lot of people.

I can't speak for all sites but MFL and Fleaflicker certainly do.

Yeah, at least my Vikings get to screw more people than just there fans now. :-b
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Maris09 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:31 am

I guess I meant the main free ones. Yahoo, ESPN, CBS...
But yeah I'm not saying it's something that should have taken place, only that once it's there, people need to get over the morality side of it (which I know you agreed with). It's just non-existent.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk