Week 15 GC: Chicago @ Minnesota - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 15 GC: Chicago @ Minnesota

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 15 GC: Chicago @ Minnesota

Postby Thor » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:00 pm

chchelse wrote:
Thor wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:Wow Thor. Does FF really get you that upset?

When it costs me $1,000 that was pretty much guaranteed it does. There was zero indication that Peterson would sit. All Frazier said all week is that they were givcing him rest and he would play on Monday night

I hope Leslie Frazier never gets another NFL job

I wouldn't blame Frazier, I would blame the guy who didn't back up his stud RB with Toby G.

It's kind of hard when you can only carry 4 RBs on your roster and you are in first place from start to finish and you get the last waiver move every week.

No it's not my fault, Frazier said repeatedly during the week that he was only giving Peterson rest and he would be playing on Monday.

I hope he gets ball ______
14 Team 5 pts per 5 receptions
QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, TE, FLEX(WR/TE), K, DST
QB- Romo, Freeman, Manuel
RB- Sproles, J Bell, Bernard, W McGahee
WR - Megatron, D Bryant, V Brown, A Jeffery, R Randle, P Harvin(IR)
TE- J Graham, Sudfeld
K- Hartley
DST - Dallas
Thor
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chchelse » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:03 pm

Thor wrote:
chchelse wrote:
Thor wrote:
When it costs me $1,000 that was pretty much guaranteed it does. There was zero indication that Peterson would sit. All Frazier said all week is that they were givcing him rest and he would play on Monday night

I wouldn't blame Frazier, I would blame the guy who didn't back up his stud RB with Toby G.

It's kind of hard when you can only carry 4 RBs on your roster and you are in first place from start to finish and you get the last waiver move every week.

No it's not my fault, Frazier said repeatedly during the week that he was only giving Peterson rest and he would be playing on Monday.

Wow, only 4 RB's? Wasn't Toby available on waivers then?
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Thor » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:13 pm

chchelse wrote:
Thor wrote:
chchelse wrote:

Who would you have dropped for Toby?

L McCoy
Peterson
Bradshaw
Mendenhall

That's who I had at the time Peterson first got hurt and before the trade deadline
TE- J Graham, Sudfeld
K- Hartley
DST - Dallas
Thor
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby chchelse » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:15 pm

Thor wrote:
chchelse wrote:
Thor wrote:

L McCoy
Peterson
Bradshaw
Mendenhall

That's who I had at the time Peterson first got hurt and before the trade deadline

We still have waivers in my league. Toby was picked up off waivers just before the game tonight.
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Thor » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:21 pm

chchelse wrote:
Thor wrote:
chchelse wrote:

L McCoy
Peterson
Bradshaw
Mendenhall

We still have waivers in my league. Toby was picked up off waivers just before the game tonight.

We have waivers on Thursday at 5pm, that's it.
Once a week.

The only reason I played in this league again this year is because I won it last year and I didn't want to take the money and run. Well I don't have to worry about that next year thanks to Leslie ^%$*ing Frazier.
TE- J Graham, Sudfeld
K- Hartley
DST - Dallas
Thor
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby chchelse » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Thor wrote:
chchelse wrote:
Thor wrote:

L McCoy
Peterson
Bradshaw
Mendenhall

We have waivers on Thursday at 5pm, that's it.
Once a week.

The only reason I played in this league again this year is because I won it last year and I didn't want to take the money and run. Well I don't have to worry about that next year thanks to Leslie ^%$*ing Frazier.

wow, okay, you got screwed. nothing you could do. That's why FF can be so maddening, you can do everything right and still get f'ed
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:31 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Thor wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:Wow Thor. Does FF really get you that upset?

AP sitting took me by surprise, too. When I checked this morning indications were that he'd play. Oh well. I'd probably be alot more passionate about it if I'd actually made the playoffs. So might Minn, for that matter.

Sounds like you should be blaming Harvin.

Fox's Jay Glazer reports Adrian Peterson did, in fact, suffer his lower back injury in a slip-and-fall accident in the team shower roughly four hours before kickoff. "We were just clownin' and Percy got a little too rough with me from behind," said Peterson.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Paulyedward » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:45 pm

I have to admit I got darn lucky that I have Bears Def, I rolled with AP thinking he was good to go until hour before kickoff. I only need 5 points from Bears, and so far they got me 4 so I think I dodged a bullett to get to my Super Bowl game. That aside, I think you guys are a little hard on Scottaa for not having Gerhart as backup. Neither do I, I think wasting a roster spot "just in case" a stud like AP goes down is dumb in many instances. If have the depth and can afford to do so, fine. But how many games has AP missed over his career? I don't think it's bad management on your part Scott, just horrible luck. I'm sure there are going to be many other horror stories where guys only needed 3 or 4 points from AP and had no idea he wasn't st
arting. I live in MN and follow all of the daily local beat news, and there was absoultely no indication he wasn't going to start tonight otherwise I woulda picked up Toby. Oh well, Skol Vikes.
Paulyedward
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Paulyedward » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Why isn't the play that got snapped way over Favre's head (that Favre fell on for like a 10 yard loss) scored as a sack? What is the ruling if it isn't a sack? Just wondering, I need that point for Bears Def!
Paulyedward
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:01 pm

jake_twothousandfive wrote:
Fox's Jay Glazer reports Adrian Peterson did, in fact, suffer his lower back injury in a slip-and-fall accident in the team shower roughly four hours before kickoff. "We were just clownin' and Percy got a little too rough with me from behind," said Peterson.

8-o 8-o 8-o
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting