2010 Season Errors - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2010 Season Errors

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2010 Season Errors

Postby spodog » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:04 pm

back in the early weeks of this season, constructed a package trade where I obtained Randy Moss and some other drivel, but had to give up Peyton Hillis and DeMaryius Thomas.

Thomas was no big deal, and I actually thought I was getting a steal at the time. :-? (smashes self on forehead).

Ugh.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:58 pm

In my main league, I also drafted the Carolina RB tandem and had dropped both before Stewart broke out. I also drafted Randy Moss and Steve Smith of Carolina and never dropped either. I dropped Benjarvus Green-Ellis and Ryan Torain at different points of the season. I drafted Matt Schaub, but managed to trade him after week 2 for Brandon Marshall. My only draft picks with any value were Matt Forte and Mike Wallace, the latter of which was an afterthought in a 2 WR league where I figured I was already set.

BUT: I did add Mike Vick after his first relief appearance and stuck by him the whole way. I'm 99% likely for the championship game pretty much ONLY because of Mike Vick.

Just goes to show how truly remarkable Vick is that even though I botched this season as badly as possible in almost every other way, I am almost surely headed for the championship game.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:39 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:I've never been an All Day believer and would have taken any of the other big 4 over him.

:-?

As compared to the other "Big 4", I'd be happier with them over Peterson. I'd take Turner over him, too. I'm not doubting his skills, but his situation doesn't inspire the same comfort as they do.

FantasyMan13 wrote:Boldin has been the biggest disappointment for me. I bought into the hype and drafted him in one league and traded for him around week 4 in another.

The problem is noone else is proving to be a passing threat. Defenses are consequently focusing their top corner and shading a safety to him- Boldin's good, but he can't beat bracket coverage every play.

shawngee03 wrote:its back to RB-RB-Wr for me next year. going back to basics. Rb/WR early. 2 QBs in rounds 7-9. TE rd 10-12. K, def last rds

I've never been a fan of having predetermined draft objectives. I go with value. If Peyton falls in the 3rd, will you divert from you're map?

biju wrote:It might be officially time to retire the notion that it takes until year 3 for WRs to acclimate to the speed of the NFL.

Absolutely- I'm rebuilding a dynasty team with young WRs like Nicks and TB Williams.

Bowe was I guy I didn't expect to have the output he has this year. Debating whether this has just been a one-year thing. Will Cassel return?

Every trade I did I regret, to a greater or lesser extent-
1- Traded TO away after about week 2 or 3;
2- acquired Greene when he got benched. His value dropped below even that buy-low point;
3- Got tired of picking the wrong QB each week between Eli and McNabb; paired them with VJax and Donald Brown for Peyton as I geared up for the playoffs when Peyton was #2 overall in scoring;
4- Traded away MJD and Ocho for Fitz and Mathews around week 5. It was a gamble- either I was buying low on 2 bounce-backs or what happened would.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Azrael » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:46 pm

biju wrote:
It might be officially time to retire the notion that it takes until year 3 for WRs to acclimate to the speed of the NFL.

Yes, and I think it has less to do with the WRs getting "better" earlier, than it does with the fact the league has really transitioned into a passing league in the last 5-6 years. The schemes just give WRs these days many more opportunities to produce. It used to be a rarity if someone threw over 4,000 yards and 30 TDs. Now each year it seems we have a half dozen guys that do that. Last year there were 10 QBs that threw over 4k. This year there will likely be 5-6, probably would have been more had Romo, Rodgers, and Vick not gotten hurt and McNabb and Orton not gotten benched.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk