Arian Foster - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Arian Foster

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Arian Foster

Postby tbagz » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:47 pm

joejlitz wrote:Frickin' Kubiak. I can't wait to hear the explanation on this one. I benched the AFC Player of the Month because...I'm smarter than everyone else. :-t

lulz, exactly. Like what the hell, I'm so glad Arian at least ripped that 74 yard TD, was almost like an 'in your face coach'. But yeah he's worth playing even if once every 100 carries he fumbles, its just the risk you take with an explosive guy like him or any other guy in the league. Pretty sure he didn't bench Schaub for 1.67 quater(s) for throwing two picks last week. He just needs to learn not to screw with his players heads and realize that even at the professional level players are going to make mistakes.
i still hate the steelers...
tbagz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby joejlitz » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:07 am

tbagz wrote:
joejlitz wrote:Frickin' Kubiak. I can't wait to hear the explanation on this one. I benched the AFC Player of the Month because...I'm smarter than everyone else. :-t

lulz, exactly. Like what the hell, I'm so glad Arian at least ripped that 74 yard TD, was almost like an 'in your face coach'. But yeah he's worth playing even if once every 100 carries he fumbles, its just the risk you take with an explosive guy like him or any other guy in the league. Pretty sure he didn't bench Schaub for 1.67 quater(s) for throwing two picks last week. He just needs to learn not to screw with his players heads and realize that even at the professional level players are going to make mistakes.

I read last night that it was for missing one meeting and being late for another.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby tbagz » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:12 am

joejlitz wrote:
tbagz wrote:

I read last night that it was for missing one meeting and being late for another.

Yep, I just read this one cbssports.com this morning:

Arian Foster, RB HOU
News: Texans RB Arian Foster made up for lost time in Week 4 against the Raiders. Foster rushed for 131 yards on 16 carries and scored two touchdowns in the 31-24 victory, despite not playing until midway through the second quarter. Foster was held out of the starting lineup for what the Texans said was a "coach's decision." He immediately made his presence felt once he took the field and took the game over in the second half. On the second play from scrimmage, Foster burst through a big hole and raced 74 yards for a touchdown, breaking tackles on his way to the end zone. Then on the first play of the fourth quarter, he caught a short pass from Matt Schaub that he took in for a touchdown. Foster had three receptions for 56 yards and a score. "I didn't handle my business off the field, I got disciplined for it, and rightfully so," Foster said. "I take full responsibility and I apologized to my teammates for it, and it won't happen again. And we're all about moving on here. I slipped up, and I'm assuring it won't happen again." Neither Foster nor Coach Gary Kubiack would say why he was benched, but the Houston Chronicle is reporting that Foster missed a team meeting and was late for another during the week. Foster finished with 19 total touches for 187 yards and two touchdowns.

Hopefully his name does not appear next to the words DUI, sexual assault, or jail time the next few days in regards to his "business off the field."
i still hate the steelers...
tbagz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Any word on Arian Foster

Postby eaglesrock » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:12 pm

I saw he left the game and did not return. He has a great matchup next week against DEN. I hope he is back.
eaglesrock
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Cardphan » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Two different injuries, 2 different reasons, from 2 different people??? I need to know if my beast will be ready for my champiosnhip game! When someone knows whats going on please post.
Cardphan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby minceff » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:34 pm

Dec. 19, 2010 6:34 p.m. - Arian Foster said he could have gone back in the game. “I was a little banged up coming into the game. I had a little muscle spasm on the glute, but I was healthy enough to play.” Texans RapidReports
minceff
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cardphan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:30 am

Arian Foster (ankle, hip) is expected to play against the Broncos on Week 16.

This news was surprisingly buried in the last line of a Houston Chronicle story and we don't believe coach Gary Kubiak has confirmed Foster's status, so owners will still want to add Derrick Ward and be on top of practice reports. Still, it's a huge relief for those that made it to Week 16 despite Foster's dud against the Titans. Pencil in the NFL's leading rusher for a matchup Sunday with Denver's No. 31 run defense. Dec. 20 - 9:10 pm et
Source: Houston Chronicle

Cardphan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby walldone » Thu May 05, 2011 4:02 pm

B3N1ZJAM1N wrote:sweet grammer. Foster will make a lot of fantasy teams a lot better than they thought they would

right
walldone
Monday Morning Quarterback

Previous

Return to Football Talk