Fantasy Playoffs - Week 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fantasy Playoffs - Week 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy Playoffs - Week 2

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:14 pm

Thread to discuss how your team(s) is/are doing:

I'll chip in with my results/observations/etc. later, but I wanted to get the ball rolling to hear how the rest of y'all who are left in the playoffs are still doing (and also feel free to share your bad beat stories and whatnot from a wild and wacky Week 15) ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fantasy Playoffs - Week 2

Postby 011472 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:22 pm

I'll share my sad week 15 story. I posted it in the venting forum, but it's 48 hours later and I'm still angry and confused.

I cruised to the #1 seed in my money league with a 12-2 record and the highest point total. Rodgers' injury cost me week 14, but I plugged in consistent Josh Freeman for the first round of the playoffs and knew my other talent and matchups would get me to the finals. I made a mistake by starting Stewart vs. AZ over Mendenhall vs. the Jets, but I still believe that was the right move given the opponents.

The week's competition would be over by 7:30. My opponent had 8 guys in the 1:00 games and 1 at 4:00. I had 6 in the early games and 3 later. I got down a bit early due to his big game by Mario Manningham and a disappointing performance by my Pierre Garcon. By 4:15 I was down 26 but had Moreno, Roddy and Janikowski vs his Pittsburgh defense. I still had a pretty good chance until I saw Lance Ball running it for Denver. With Roddy and Seabass off to slow starts, when it was clear that Moreno wasn't returning after the half I told my wife I was done.

But then things picked up. White scored a short TD at about the same time that Janikowski kicked a 35 yard FG and suddenly I was only down by a little less than 9. After a 47 yard kick, I was down less than 5. Pitt allowed a safety which cut the gap to under 4 and Janikowski hit an extra point and suddenly I only needed three points to win. The Raiders got the ball with around 8 minutes left but punted. I thought I had maybe one more chance as the games ended for White and the Steelers.

The Raiders got the ball again and moved to the 30! Field goal range! I had a chance if Denver could stop them. And then it was 4th and 2 at the 22. The Raiders led by 9 with 4 and a half minutes left. I didn't understand why they called a time out, but surely they would kick the field goal to push the lead to 12 and ice the game, while sending me to the finals.

I should mention at this point that I've been a Raiders fan for 30 years of ups and downs. I've never stopped being faithful despite some very lean recent years. I have no idea why they went for it on 4th and 2. Everything I know about football says you take the field goal in that situation, push the lead to 12 and put the game away.

But the Raiders didn't kick the field goal. They got the first down, and later a TD, but the 1 point for Janikowski wasn't enough for me. I know Tom Cable never met me and probably doesn't care about fantasy football, but I'll never understand why he went for it. Never.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk