What was your draft number if you made the championships? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What was your draft number if you made the championships?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What was your draft number if you made the championships?

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:17 am

Had the first and 3rd overall pick. We get to keep between 0-3 keepers and I only kept one (G.Jennings) due to sucking last year. Got Mendenhall and R.Mathews with those picks. Managed to overcome that brutal Mathews pick grabbing Roethlisberger and Johnny Knox late, along with Hakeem Nicks for good value. Jonathan Stewart and VJax have helped in the last couple weeks.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:21 pm

I am fortunate enough to be playing for three championships this weekend and I drafted from the 12 spot in a 12-teamer where I am the #1 seed, the 8 spot in a 14-teamer where I'm the #2 and I drafted 12th in my keeper league where I'm the #1 seed and defending champion.

Looks like I enjoyed the end of the draft for sure - my other three teams all made the playoffs and lost with picks in the first half of the draft... :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:52 pm

2nd pick (CJ), though picking up Vick, Blount, and Steve Johnson helped alot. Though I did draft Rivers in the 4th. I waited too long on Arian Foster and he didn't make it back to me (taken at 4.5). The other 3 teams that made the playoffs picked 7,9,10 out of 10. Where you draft has very little to do with your chances. Teams picking at the back end of the draft in this league historically do well, yet year after year, people bitch when they don't get an early pick.

I think it's quite interesting that guys who dominate all year can just end up screwing you on one bad week. If you had Peterson, Foster, and Hillis, you likely killed everyone in your league all year but this week your battleship was probably sunk unless you were also stacked everywhere else.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby BottomLines » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:31 pm

Azrael wrote: If you had Peterson, Foster, and Hillis, you likely killed everyone in your league all year but this week your battleship was probably sunk unless you were also stacked everywhere else.

My league starts only 2 RBs, with the flex being WR/TE. I started AP and Foster. Thank God Vick lit it up!!!
BottomLines
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Holein1 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:02 pm

I made it in both leagues of mine

12 team league had 3rd pick - took mjd
10 team league had 9th pick - too sjax
Holein1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:10 pm

I'm in the finals and I had the 7th overall pick (Andre) and I am playing the team that had the first overall pick (CJ4.24).
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby ABA316 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:01 pm

Although it's not current, this makes me laugh.

2006, 14 team redraft. I drew the 3rd pick..figured OK that's at least 1 of the big 3 (Shaun Alexander, LT, Larry Johnson). Our commish that year allowed us to trade picks. I put the pick on the block behind the "guaranteed 1 of the top 3" platform. I got an offer from the 13 pick..my 1st and 4th for his 1st and 3rd *DECLINED*.

I reminded people at the in-person draft before we began that the pick was on the block, make an offer. No bites. Peyton went #1 overall :-b OK, now I have a tough choice to make depending on what #2 does. He takes Alexander in an instant..the one I was least interested in. I announce "L..oh what was his other initial" walking over to the board and looking at the RB stickers..grabbed the Tomlinson one and slammed it on the board. The 4 guy was ecstatic because he was a huge Larry Johnson fan.

During the season at 1-4 I put LT on the block because nothing else I had was working, figured if I get a king's ransom for him maybe I'll do it. Someone sent me Fred Taylor and Todd Heap for LT and Donald Driver. Don't know if I even replied to that one!

Well the guy with Peyton, our defending champ, came in dead last. Alexander had the broken foot that year and his team just missed the playoffs. The LJ owner did okay. My team stunk at 1-5 but won 6 of the last 7 to sneak in and went insane behind LT to take down the top seed in the title game.

What really made me laugh is 2 of the 3 teams I knocked out were bitter saying "you got lucky with LT". Well gee..anyone could have traded for the 3 pick before the draft and been able to take him..or traded for him when he was on the block.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby m16a » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:51 am

I'm playing for the championship having drafted #1 overall (CJ424), but honestly, he hasn't been as instrumental to my success as Torain, Hillis, and BJGE pickups through the season. Either way, second year in a row playing for the champ in this league. (I'm the defending champion too)
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Team Gooch » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:20 pm

10 team league. I drafted 8th. 12-1 hoping to cap it off this weekend with a Championship. My first 5 picks were
Turner
Mendenhall
Wayne
White
TE Finley--sucks he went down. He was off to a great start.

We had our draft really early so the Houston RB situation was still undetermined with Foster, Slaton, & Ben Tate all in the running. I really didnt think I needed another RB, but with my next to last pick (13th rnd) I went with Foster. After watching him run in the preseason, he made my week 1 starting line-up and has never left.
Team Gooch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby intense » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Ended up 1st in a 12 teamer and in the championship game...

Had #1 overall pick and took CJ and then McCoy and Miles Austin with the swing. Gates, Crabtree,Manning,TO were my next picks in that order.

Snagged Lloyd and Tolbert off waivers and picked up Bears D when someone dropped them. Had a first round bye and managed to win last week even with TO going down early. Just grabbed Rashad Jennings so I am hoping he can lead me to victory even though my opponent has put up 31 pts already with Steelers D and Mike Wallace.
intense
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk