Mendenhall mistakenly given 100 yard game - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mendenhall mistakenly given 100 yard game

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mendenhall mistakenly given 100 yard game

Postby gmoney973 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Does anyone know if this will be fixed in the stats of fantasy leagues? I'm sure this affects many owners who has mendenhall and counts 100 yard games as bonus points.

"On first-and-10 from the Jets 35 early in the second quarter, Mendenhall gained nine yards to the 26-yard line. After momentary confusion as the chain crew began moving the sticks, referee Peter Morelli's crew put the ball down at the 25 and signaled a first down.

The statistics crew hastily awarded Mendenhall a 10-yard carry -- an extra yard that wound up giving him a 100-yard game. The Steelers went on to score a touchdown on Ben Roethlisberger's nine-yard pass to Matt Spaeth."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5943473
gmoney973
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mendenhall mistakenly given 100 yard game

Postby Mr.Joshua » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Just read the article and came to post. There had to be wins/loses this week due to that crap, we were all going off when it happened during the game, especially where bonus' are given @ 100 yards
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 226)

Postby gdawg901 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Just found this website because I was "googling" the net for NFL stat corrections. Apparently Elias (stat provider/corrector for NFL) issues stat corrections on Wednesday's and then on Thursday mornings, the stat corrections occur on specific fantasy football sites. My site in question is the Yahoo fantasy football leagues - I sent an email to Yahoo when I saw the NFL.com article and video, which is a blatant 9-yard gain. I've been on the Yahoo messageboards discussing this same thing: http://messages.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... f=11&frt=2

anyways, my league offers a 5 FP boost when a RB has a 100-yard game. I lost my 1st round playoff matchup by 3 points. If Elias corrects this issue, then I will end up winning the matchup.

Crossing my fingers!!!

BTW, I don't know if this will get changed. It should, but I don't know ... the whole video is a conspiracy as well ... it was a 9-yard rush, and the Steelers got off another play (a pass play to Mendenhall, that fell incomplete); however the Refs stopped the 2nd-and-1 play after it happened and apparently gave them a 1st down ... WTF? What happened after? Steelers got a TD (9 yards) to Spaeth ... UGH!
gdawg901
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby gdawg901 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:49 pm

wow, nobody with an opinion around here? how bout some feedback?
gdawg901
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby gdawg901 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:09 pm

looks like no go on the Mendenhall change: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/sports ... l-160.html

ugh!!! They changed Marques Colston's yardage total, but not Mendenhall ... blah!!!!
gdawg901
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby CRob44 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:34 pm

dude they don't do stat changes for stuff like that, ever. Sometimes there are changes when
the wrong person gets credited, but never this.
CRob44
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby ABA316 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Yikes..one of my Super Bowl teams in my league had Mendy and won by under 2 points..we give 3 points for 100 yard game.

That said, if Yahoo don't change it, I ain't changing it.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby gdawg901 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:39 pm

holy crap!!!! They changed it!!!

An official scoring change gave Mendenhall 99 yards rushing in Week 15 against the Jets instead of 100 yards, ESPN reports.

Recommendation: The correction likely impacts many fantasy leagues, especially formats that award bonuses for 100-yard games. Mendenhall now has 1,172 yards rushing on the season heading into Thursday's matchup against Carolina.
(Rotowire.com)

HAHAHAHAHAHA i'm still alive in the playoffs in my 12-team league!!! BOOYAHHH!!!
gdawg901
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby ABA316 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:03 pm

This changed the matchup in my Super Bowl and 3rd place games in the league I run.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CBMGreatOne » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:51 pm

New stat problem:

In week 16 Big Ben currently only has one fumble lost charged to his stat line. Late in the second half, there was a failed exchange between he and Isaac Redman that is currently listed on Redman's stat line. So far as I knew, in every circumstance where the QB/RB fail the exchange on the handoff, the fumble is charged to the QB. Redman conclusively never had any measure of control of the ball. Any reason to think they might fail to change this one?

And why are the NFL statisticians seemingly clueless on this rule? They seeem to get it wrong EVERY WEEK. Although in my experience it usually/always gets fixed in this situation.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Next

Return to Football Talk