Really?
krazymop
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mike Wallace 2011

Postby jdogg_ffc » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:58 pm

He's currently ranked at 6 on NFL.com. I don't see him being any worse next yr with Big Ben playing all year (hopefully). So I'd say top 10 for sure.
First the Shock, then the Pistons can the Lions be next?

Well maybe next yr.

PS I didn't lose a paper bag challenge but somehow as a Lion's fan it just feels right.
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:37 am

Yea, I would rank him in the 7-10 range of top WR. He was one of the main reasons for my success this season, allowing me to move Nicks and Maclin in the middle of the season.
DaShiz23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Indybigtom » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:13 am

Definitely at least top 10. He was a big part of my success on a couple of teams this year and it was funny to see the trade offers roll in around week 4 when Big Ben was coming back. He went in rounds 7 or 8 in my leagues but not next year.
Indybigtom
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby bungle613 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:34 am

I am never a big fan of guys with minimal catches and big yardage. HE is currently sitting at 57 catches which puts him 43rd overall. I will take the 80+ catch guys every time.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Munboy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:39 am

If the Steelers can fix their Oline problems giving Ben the time to let Wallace get deep... He's uncoverable. Top 10 easily.

My only concerns are their two rookies, Sanders and Brown, have been coming on as of late and in 3-4 receiver sets, they'll steal looks. Another concern that goes along with the "let wallace get deep" is, at this point, he is a one trick pony. Let him get deep and he'll burn you, but on the short to medium routes, he has a hard time getting open and will drop some balls. That will come in time as he learns to run routes better, but ... Until then, if defenses use a corner underneath and a safety over top, they can limit Wallace....Still, Wallace has taken over Ward's spot as their TD scorer, so he's always a good pick up.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:36 pm

bungle613 wrote:I am never a big fan of guys with minimal catches and big yardage. HE is currently sitting at 57 catches which puts him 43rd overall. I will take the 80+ catch guys every time.

I'm with bungle on this. In PPR he prolly won't crack my top 15. I could see him being a good value around 11-15 with some upside for overall numbers that look like top-8 to -10, but he's got too much chance of inconsistency to be a surefire #1 to me...

There are 7 guys that are far enough ahead of him to not be in the conversation:
  1. Megatron
  2. AJ
  3. Roddy
  4. Wayne
  5. Nicks
  6. Jennings
  7. Bowe

And seven more who have similar - if not better - upside:
  1. VJax
  2. Austin
  3. Fitz (and he could be much higher with a compotent QB)
  4. Marshall
  5. DJax
  6. Maclin
  7. Colston

And this is more or less who I'd draft him ahead of for sure:
  1. Steve Johnson
  2. Mike Williams (TB)
  3. Britt
  4. SMoss
  5. Knox
  6. Dez Bryant

There you have it - in no particular order - my unofficial top 20 for 2011(I'm sure I left a couple of borderline guys out) ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:07 am

WaCougMBS wrote:There are 7 guys that are far enough ahead of him to not be in the conversation:
  1. Megatron
  2. AJ
  3. Roddy
  4. Wayne
  5. Nicks
  6. Jennings
  7. Bowe

And seven more who have similar - if not better - upside:
  1. VJax
  2. Austin
  3. Fitz (and he could be much higher with a compotent QB)
  4. Marshall
  5. DJax
  6. Maclin
  7. Colston

And this is more or less who I'd draft him ahead of for sure:
  1. Steve Johnson
  2. Mike Williams (TB)
  3. Britt
  4. SMoss
  5. Knox
  6. Dez Bryant

There you have it - in no particular order - my unofficial top 20 for 2011(I'm sure I left a couple of borderline guys out) ;-D

I'd put Wallace over Maclin and probably DJax. Depending on what happens in Dal and Ten, Britt and Bryant might go higher than Wallace for me. Given Santana's FA status and the McNabb issue, I don't think I'd rank him that high.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby moochman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:20 am

After looking at these lists and opinions it seems certain that Wallace won't be under-valued next season. After the first 8-10 top level WRs Wallace would be taken in my drafts. Unlike some, I like that the Stillers don't have a great O line and that Wallace doesn't run short and intermediate routes well enough yet. The Stillers power run game and short pass game with Hines and Miller will have Wallace end up one no one enough, and Ben's refusal to be taken down will see enough deep TD passes to make up for lack of numbers.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk