MJD INACTIVE, Rashad Jennings Free Flex - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MJD INACTIVE, Rashad Jennings Free Flex

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: MJD INACTIVE, Rashad Jennings Free Flex

Postby bandrus1 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:52 pm

would you play Jennings over Blount vs Seattle ?
bandrus1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flyn high again » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:50 pm

MJD did not practice Friday. That's 3 days missed this week. Jacksonville usually does not play players who miss Friday practices. Doubtful is... doubtful. Unless Jacksonville is playing some kind of games, MJD will probably sit. I'm sure we will all be watching the NFL news tomorrow morning and the info will get posted here.

Jenning's projections with CBS and Yahoo show they think he is going to play and score big. I grabbed him in both my leagues and may use him on both teams. Washington has allowed nearly two rushing TDs in recent weeks and they have two starting DEF. linemen out. If MJD is out, Jennings may finish with top ten RB numbers. What a find this could be for anyone who grabbed him.
Last edited by Flyn high again on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Maris09 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:38 am

m16a wrote:Ahh the good ol cafe comes in with the info just in time. Didn't snag him in my MJD league, but I am only playing for consolidation and I have plenty of depth in that league. But I did snag him in my championship league. Is Jennings startable over Torain or BJGE at this point? Maybe even Hillis with that tough matchup? I think I'm gonna start CJ/BJGE/Hillis/Jennings and drop Torain from the lineup at this point...

I'd sit Hillis out of that bunch if it were me. He's banged up and facing a pissed off Ravens run defense who are looking for a little revenge on Hillis. Plus it seems like he's either been injured or starting to run out of steam these last few weeks. I read somewhere that dude has never had more than like 80 something carries in his career. He's up there in the high 200's I think right now. I'd definitely sit Hillis out of that group.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:33 am

If I had to bet I would say that MJD is going to play this week. I think that he is an average start and will likely miss a few series to Jennings. MJD will be playing if the game is close. I do not think that Jennings is a safe play.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:If I had to bet I would say that MJD is going to play this week. I think that he is an average start and will likely miss a few series to Jennings. MJD will be playing if the game is close. I do not think that Jennings is a safe play.

The fact that he hasn't been ruled out yet is something of an encouragement for Mojo owners, but it is exceedingly rare that a player who is listed as doubtful makes it onto the field come Sunday.

I disagree with you on Jennings not being a safe play for two reasons. 1. You'll know by 12:00 if he will start or back up Mojo. Obviously if Mojo is out, Rashad is a very good play. 2. Jennings has scored 3 TDs in his last 4 games and scored at least 7 points in each of those contests AS A BACKUP. Even if Mojo does play, Jennings will absolutely get a bigger portion of the workload than he has of late, in which games he was useful as it was.

Beyond that, I just don't see how anyone could project Mojo as playing this Sunday. All indications are that he will not play and you have to look pretty deeply into the tea leaves to come up with any other conclusion. I'm not ruling him out until the Jags do, but don't hold your breath.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby ramble2 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:19 pm

If Jennings gets the start, do you start him over Peterson? The combination of ADP's late game, the Vikings propensity for surprising game-time decisions (e.g., Favre's start, ADP last week), and the Eagles likely destruction of Minnesota, does Jennings move ahead of ADP this weekend?
ramble2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 32)

Postby Azrael » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:50 am

bandrus1 wrote:would you play Jennings over Blount vs Seattle ?

Short answer, yes.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby bagobonez » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:27 am

I was too little, too late with this news. I'm an MJD owner, and by the time I heard he was doubtful, my opponent in the Super Bowl already picked up Jennings. If that costs me the league I'm going to be one pissed off fantasy player.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby intense » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:28 am

MJD offically ruled out per rotoworld.
intense
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:34 am

Confirmed by ESPN. Jennings is a GO!

Who would have thought any of us in our finals would potentially be playing a back up as a RB1 or RB2? Hell is freezing over. Pigs are flying upside down.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk