MJD INACTIVE, Rashad Jennings Free Flex - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

MJD INACTIVE, Rashad Jennings Free Flex

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: MJD INACTIVE, Rashad Jennings Free Flex

Postby portisfan24 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:57 pm

Not doing much so far.

On a sidenote, how pathetic is the attendance in Jacksonville? Move em to LA.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:18 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Not doing much so far.

On a sidenote, how pathetic is the attendance in Jacksonville? Move em to LA.

They actually sold out every game this year for the 1st time in a while. I think the poor attendance is due to the abnormally low freezing temps in FL today. People bought the tickets, saw how freezing it was (for FL), and decided to stay home. Still a pitiful turnout. I've been to games in NY in below zero temps (just have to dress for it). Floridians can't deal with the cold weather.

EDIT: Coldest game in JAX history, and before the game they had snow flurries in the area.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby intense » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Well, that was no fun.
intense
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cheryl963 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:13 am

Hi… that was great stuff.
cheryl963
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby The Lung » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:02 am

Jennings had 4 catches for 29 receiving yards to go along with 32 rushing yards, thus earning 10.1 points in my PPR league. It's not great for a starting RB spot, but for a flex spot or RB3 spot (and a waiver wire week 16 pickup) I'm not complaining. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby quiksilva34 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:57 pm

Fantasy Cafe and ESPN projections were completely off, this dude stunk it up. Quite possibly the worst performance for a guy to assume a starting role from a change of pace role. Not even remotely a substitute for MJD in any format. He will be the reason I lose out on $400. I kid you not, the jags could have signed a UFL RB that would have performed better.

Soo angry
quiksilva34
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby The Lung » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:42 pm

quiksilva34 wrote:Fantasy Cafe and ESPN projections were completely off

Fantasy Football Cafe compiled rankings earlier in the week when Maurice Jones Drew had not been listed as doubtful in the injury report. Maurice Jones Drew was ranked 3rd and Rashad Jennings was ranked at 46.

If compiled later in the week, Fantasy Cafe rankers would have surely put Jennings somewhere lower than #3 - the rankers are smart enough to know better that a change of pace back would just automatically produce starter stats.

Bottom line is that your assertion that "Fantasy Cafe projection were completely off" is technically false since Jennings was listed at #46. And if you assumed Rashad Jennings was "a direct substitute for MJD in any format" that was solely YOUR assumption and no one else's. YOU make your own roster lineup decisions, no one else makes them for you, and it's fairly lame to blame the Fantasy Cafe for your woes. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:31 pm

haha some dummy started Rahad Jennings against me in our fantasty finals this week. I'm probably going to make $400 out of this ;-D

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk