Tressel stepping down? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Tressel stepping down?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tressel stepping down?

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:31 pm

Rumors abound that Tressel is stepping down at Ohio State after the Sugar Bowl. 375 NCAA violations since he has become coach. Wonder if this is just rumormongering.
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tressel stepping down?

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:06 pm

i work with an OSU slappy who said he's heard rumblings about the Vest wanting to spend more time with his family
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jayday » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:20 am

Rumor refuted. However I do not see Tressel coaching at OSU past his current contract which expires after the 2014 season. He may not last that long, but he's definitely on board for 2011 and at least 2012 in my opinion.

JT just has other things he wants to do in his life. It will be a sad day when The Vest hangs it up.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:20 am

Bump. :-b
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:35 pm

AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby knapplc » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:38 am

Two games and $250K is a joke. The NCAA has to bump that up. I could even see a postseason ban and schollies taken away. Something more has to be done.

I read somewhere that every other coach who has violated NCAA bylaw 10-1 (lying to the NCAA) has been terminated. Not sure if that's true, but if so, this is a pretty crummy precedent.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:09 am

knapplc wrote:Two games and $250K is a joke. The NCAA has to bump that up. I could even see a postseason ban and schollies taken away. Something more has to be done.

I read somewhere that every other coach who has violated NCAA bylaw 10-1 (lying to the NCAA) has been terminated. Not sure if that's true, but if so, this is a pretty crummy precedent.

Welcome to the Big 120

This is a joke. If they want to only give him 2 games - make it 2 Big 120 games - not non-conference games against Ohio and Akron. Or give him the same 5 games as the players received. There has to be more coming
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby scottaa1 » Mon May 30, 2011 9:58 am

. Jim Tressel, who guided Ohio State to its first national title in 34 years, resigned Monday amid NCAA violations and mounting revelations that sullied the image of one of the country's top football programs.

Www.NFL.com
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby scottaa1 » Tue May 31, 2011 3:27 pm

"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/m ... z1NxnndXsn

Rather lengthy article about Tressel over at Sports Illustrated stating there were infractions all along that he knew about.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby knapplc » Tue May 31, 2011 4:27 pm

Looks like Pryor is also in some rather serious hot water over his cars. I doubt he plays for OSU again.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to College Football