Tressel stepping down? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Tressel stepping down?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Tressel stepping down?

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue May 31, 2011 4:39 pm

knapplc wrote:Looks like Pryor is also in some rather serious hot water over his cars. I doubt he plays for OSU again.

Yeah, he's done IMO - I'd be shocked if he took another snap for the Bucks ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:10 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
knapplc wrote:Looks like Pryor is also in some rather serious hot water over his cars. I doubt he plays for OSU again.

Hmm, does this mean OSU is gonna stop paying their players and attempt to return to amateur status???
:-? ;-) :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:42 pm

stomperrob wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

Hmm, does this mean OSU is gonna stop paying their players and attempt to return to amateur status???
:-? ;-) :-D

I wouldn't go THAT far :-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:29 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Terrelle Pryor's career at Ohio State, which started with so much promise and potential, has come to an abrupt and scandal-ridden end.

The Ohio State quarterback announced through his attorney on Tuesday that he would not play for the Buckeyes this season.

"In the best interests of my teammates, I've made the decision to forgo my senior year of football at The Ohio State University," Pryor said in a statement issued by Columbus lawyer Larry James.

Pryor will most likely make himself available for an NFL supplemental draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6636768
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Just got a notification on my phone... OSU places football team on probation, vacates 2010 wins.

gunna see what else I can find.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/08/oh ... ?hpt=hp_t1

The Ohio State University announced Friday it is vacating all 10 of its victories from the 2010 football season and placing itself on two years' probation in the wake of a scandal that cost coach Jim Tressel his job.

Five players were suspended for the first five games of the upcoming season.

Tressel and the university also announced they had agreed to recharacterize his departure as a retirement rather than a resignation.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:19 pm

'vacating' all of it's wins.. what the heck does that mean? Ducks are national champs?
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:19 pm

scottaa1 wrote:'vacating' all of it's wins.. what the heck does that mean? Ducks are national champs?

Even if that somehow happened, it wouldn't last long either :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby Venom » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:14 pm

I don't understand that at all.

Maybe I just don't have enough information, but as far as I can tell, selling memorabilia has no effect on the outcome of football games.

They already suspended the players and ran Tressell out of town...now giving up the wins in the 2010 season?

What garbage.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby thebigsmooth » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:59 am

Vacating the wins really doesn't do a whole lot. The deal with the selling of memoribilla is that it allows for an easy way to get $$ into the hands of the players. I do think it is a big deal. If allowed it would very easy for players to get money from boosters or fans. I am really surprised that there hasn't been more getting caught. It would be real easy for a player to sign balls, pictures, etc and sell them on EBay or Craigslist through a middleman (friend). They could rack up some $$.
thebigsmooth
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Previous

Return to College Football