Doesn't this figure? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Doesn't this figure?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Doesn't this figure?

Postby crazymike0907 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:37 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this at, but I thought it was rather funny and wanted to post it. I wanted to see how much this is happening to other people around the league as well...

This is my 1st year doing fantasy football and i'm in two leagues (1 with money involved). In my money league, 3 of the receivers on the other team are Greg Jennings, Vincent Jackson & Jacob Tamme(TE). In my other league, which I'm in the semi-finals, I have Jennings, Jackson & Tamme all on MY team!! So it freakin' figures as I want them to do good but then again I don't. Obviously, I'd prefer them to do bad since they're my opponents in my money league, but they're on my team in my other league.

Just curious how many other people this has happened to haha.
crazymike0907
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Doesn't this figure?

Postby biju » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:50 pm

This...happens. Often. I've decided that I've built each team based on the scoring rules and best players available so there's no rooting against my own players. (If I read your paragraph right however, I might root against them if you're not winning any money in the game you own those guys.)

And, of course, real life always takes precedence over fantasy. I'll root for my Seahawks even if that means I'll lose the Championship game any day.

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bungle613 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:01 pm

crazymike0907 wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this at, but I thought it was rather funny and wanted to post it. I wanted to see how much this is happening to other people around the league as well...

This is my 1st year doing fantasy football and i'm in two leagues (1 with money involved). In my money league, 3 of the receivers on the other team are Greg Jennings, Vincent Jackson & Jacob Tamme(TE). In my other league, which I'm in the semi-finals, I have Jennings, Jackson & Tamme all on MY team!! So it freakin' figures as I want them to do good but then again I don't. Obviously, I'd prefer them to do bad since they're my opponents in my money league, but they're on my team in my other league.

Just curious how many other people this has happened to haha.

Well my man, if you find out you really dig FF and get a little fanatical about it you just wait until those years where you are in 10+ leagues. YOu will run into scenarios where you need that one guy to score exactly 13.19 points to give you 3 wins and only 1 loss. IT does get a llittle frustrating.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:07 am

I had something similar happen to me last week. In my money league I was playing against a guy who had Forte and in another non money Dynasty I had Forte. Basically if Forte helped me win in my non money league I would be booted from the money league.

I was happy that I won in the money league ;-D But I lost this week in the Super Bowl !+)
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby benb18a » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Try playing in a huge league with several different pools, where you play many games each week. It seems like your studs are ALWAYS on some opponent's teams also.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CRob44 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:38 am

too late, i would of told u to start someone else in one of the leagues
CRob44
Offensive Coordinator