Vikings/Eagles game may be postponed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vikings/Eagles game may be postponed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Vikings/Eagles game may be postponed

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:30 am

Weather is looking bad in Philly. Could be 20 inches or more of snow at game time. The league is worried the game, the fans, the snow and high winds would all show up at once. Game may be postponed until Monday night.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Vikings/Eagles game may be postponed

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:00 pm

I want to be cautious in saying anything definitive, but I would be very surprised if this game goes off as scheduled. The mayor of Philadelphia has already declared a state of emergency and is asking all residents to stay in their homes. So how are we going to have an NFL game with the commuting nightmare? At the risk of calling it early, I don't see this game being played tonight.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:31 pm

Game just got postponed until Tuesday night at 8 pm ET. Are Vick and DeSean going to be eligible as Championship weeks?
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:35 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Game just got postponed until Tuesday night at 8 pm ET. Are Vick and DeSean going to be eligible as Championship weeks?

Of course. I don't care how your league provider handles it, those stats count, period.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:37 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:Game just got postponed until Tuesday night at 8 pm ET. Are Vick and DeSean going to be eligible as Championship weeks?

Of course. I don't care how your league provider handles it, those stats count, period.

Just making sure -- I agree they should count as well.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:46 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
CBMGreatOne wrote:

Just making sure -- I agree they should count as well.

Never hurts to post something about it on your message board so everyone's clear just in case Yahoo's default setting has them announcing every Tuesday morning score as a final. I think they'll be on top of this, but you never know. Just make a gentleman's agreement with your league that this won't affect the outcome so there's no controversy.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:02 pm

Absolutely ridiculous. This is football, not baseball. :-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby bandrus1 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:49 pm

I need to know asap what yahoo is going to do about this.. I am in a 17 week roto points league and cant lose 1 week of roster space
bandrus1
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Flyn high again » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:20 pm

I think the NFL moved the game to Tuesday to make sure the storm will be over and more importantly for them to get around the rules concerning the Monday night game being the only permitted national (free) broadcast. The Tuesday scores will count towards this week. Vick owners rejoice that we did not have to have Vick play the championship week in a blizzard.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Maris09 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:03 pm

This is the NFL at it's "finest."

First, they Flex this lopsided 14 pt spread game to Sunday night (when really the intent of the flex schedule was to stop lopsided games from being shown on Sunday night). This was obviously a money related move to get Vick on primetime television.

Then instead of moving the game to Monday night (like they did a few weeks back with the Giants/Viks game), they move it to Tuesday night, so they can still broadcast the game and make those dollars.

It's been pretty transparent throughout this year that Goodell is all about the money, and while I understand that what makes the world go round, it's pretty disgusting. We've already seen how all this "player safety" BS is directly related to pushing the season to 18 games. This is just one more obvious example though.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk