Vikings/Eagles game may be postponed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Vikings/Eagles game may be postponed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Vikings/Eagles game may be postponed

Postby stomperrob » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:42 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Absolutely ridiculous. This is football, not baseball. :-t

Agree 110%!!! Vince Lombardi must be rolling over in his grave!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Maris09 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:26 pm

This game was highly suspect.

If Philly wins this game, then they have to play everyone and play hard next week.
Even then they still may not get the 2 seed and a bye week.

Which would then mean they'd have to play a 3rd game....in 12 days.

This game tonight was shady as all hell.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:55 pm

Maris09 wrote:This game was highly suspect.

If Philly wins this game, then they have to play everyone and play hard next week.

not sure what you mean.
Are you saying the Eagles lost on purpose so they could rest starters next week, since they are basically locked in as the 3 seed?

Incidentally, the Eagles have more time to prepare for Sundays game (after playing on a Tuesday) than they would have from a SUN game to a Thursday game.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Maris09 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:24 pm

joejlitz wrote:
Maris09 wrote:This game was highly suspect.

not sure what you mean.
Are you saying the Eagles lost on purpose so they could rest starters next week, since they are basically locked in as the 3 seed?

Incidentally, the Eagles have more time to prepare for Sundays game (after playing on a Tuesday) than they would have from a SUN game to a Thursday game.

Right but what I'm saying is, thanks to good old Goodell they played on Tuesday, they would play again on Sunday (short week), and then if they didn't get the 2 seed, they would then play yet again on Saturday (short week).

So you're looking at back to back short weeks, and 3 games in a time span of 12 days.
That's disastrous for a team trying to make it deep into the playoffs.
Even if you get past that first playoff game, the players bodies would be so beat up they'd have very little chance the following week.

Option 2 is to rest people week 17, and come into the playoffs essentially off of a "bye week."
They'd essentially be creating their own bye week in doing this.

I'm just saying I haven't seen Vick that far off with his passes all season, and they were at home, facing a putrid defense (that Cutler had carved up the week before at will), and against a rookie QB who looked like he couldn't do anything right the week before either.
Now I know a week's worth of reps can make a difference, and I know Philly's defense isn't what it has been in years past, but come on....To get dominated, at home, by a currently really bad team...is just too suspect to me.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Maris09 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Just heard an interesting stat.

With Joe Webb at QB, you'd think that Philly would stack the box to stop AP.
The stat is, Philly used 7 or fewer in the box on 16 of Peterson's 18 rushes.
In those 16 rushes, he gained 116 of his 118 total rushing yards on the day.

Other people have noticed that the Eagles made zero adjustments to counter the corner blitzes that were being thrown at them over and over.
This was just horrid "game planning" and non-existent adjustments from one of the better coaches in the league. Yes I know Reid's clock management and replay challenge skills have been questioned, but when it comes to the x's and o's he's definitely regarded as one of the best.

I just find it hard to believe they could be so underprepared. Add in All Pro kicker David Akers sending a kickoff out of bounds at a huge point in the game....It all smells of something fishy, no way around it.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:32 pm

;-) :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby joejlitz » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:23 am

Maris09 wrote:Just heard an interesting stat.

Other people have noticed that the Eagles made zero adjustments to counter the corner blitzes that were being thrown at them over and over.
This was just horrid "game planning" and non-existent adjustments from one of the better coaches in the league. Yes I know Reid's clock management and replay challenge skills have been questioned, but when it comes to the x's and o's he's definitely regarded as one of the best.

I just find it hard to believe they could be so underprepared. Add in All Pro kicker David Akers sending a kickoff out of bounds at a huge point in the game....It all smells of something fishy, no way around it.

You know, everything you say would sound plausible if I truly believed that coaches and players would do something like this.

More concretely, there is no way that we would have continued to allow our QB to get bashed play after play. That risks his serious injury; if he gets seriously injured, we don't go deep in the playoffs.

Vick did get hurt on the first play from scrimmage where he scrambled for 15 yards. He limped the entire game after. Maybe that is why he was more inaccurate than he has ever been?

The truth is that the Philly OL does suck and Vick's mobility has hidden that fact time and again. Did you notice was a big part of the game plan on Tuesday? That further hurt our OL, since he wasn't staying in to block. I have no idea why Reid did not change the game plan, but you are right. :-t

Also - Dmitiri Patterson got benched for Joselio Hanson in the Eagles secondary. Probably not something you would do if you were telling your players to tank it.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:00 am

joejlitz wrote:
Maris09 wrote:Just heard an interesting stat.

You know, everything you say would sound plausible if I truly believed that coaches and players would do something like this.

More concretely, there is no way that we would have continued to allow our QB to get bashed play after play. That risks his serious injury; if he gets seriously injured, we don't go deep in the playoffs.

Vick did get hurt on the first play from scrimmage where he scrambled for 15 yards. He limped the entire game after. Maybe that is why he was more inaccurate than he has ever been?

The truth is that the Philly OL does suck and Vick's mobility has hidden that fact time and again. Did you notice was a big part of the game plan on Tuesday? That further hurt our OL, since he wasn't staying in to block. I have no idea why Reid did not change the game plan, but you are right. :-t

Also - Dmitiri Patterson got benched for Joselio Hanson in the Eagles secondary. Probably not something you would do if you were telling your players to tank it.

I agree with this. Between McCoy, Vick, Jackson and Maclin, the Eagles have a ton of speed. Problem? They have no O-Line, and no power game at all (witness their struggles). Also, for how great of a deep threat DeSean is, he's a mediocre WR once you take away the deep ball. So if you injure Vick, you really hurt this team. The other thing you have to do a good job of is making sure the first guy tackle Desean/Maclin. The Vikings accomplished both tasks; therefore they won.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:14 am

Don't think for a minute that the Iggles tanked the game, but with the delay, a crap Vikings team with no Favre at the helm who wouldn't over look an opponant. Iggles weren't ready to play against a team that was probably pretty angry at a season gone wrong and yet another odd-ball delayed game.

Of course for you conspiracy theorists, Vick is a convicted gambler. And my Mama always told me (bad taste alert) show me a man who would torture a dog and I'll show you a man who can throw a game. (Or something like that, Mom was always saying oddball stuff :-b )

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Maris09 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:33 pm

And this is what Joe Webb and the Vikings look like against a team that's trying.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk