Panthers clinch! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Panthers clinch!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Panthers clinch!

Postby bungle613 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:54 pm

benb18a wrote:They need to draft the best RB available with that pick.

Curious why you say that Ben. DWill is gone imo but Stewart is still signed and Goodson and Sutton are considered by some (myself included) easily a RB2 on alot of NFL teams. The rumours are they have had multiple offers on Sutton and turned them all down. I think they are just fine at RB.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Locker may not have done himself any favors by staying an extra year financially, but it may have been a good move by giving him the opportunity to be on a good team. Also he did whichever NFL team drafts him a favor by killing his draft stock. If he does pan out, I'm not convinced either way, some team will have gotten him for a steal.

As to the original question, I'm not really sure who the Panthers should take. What other needs do they have? I know this is going to sound crazy on an NFL fantasy site, but I don't really follow the NFL closely enough to know. :-B

If they want a big talented receiver they could go for AJ Green out of Georgia or Julio Jones out of Alabama. If they want to improve their pass rush, which they should, they could draft Da'Quan Bowers out of Clemson, Nick Fairley out of Auburn, or Stephen Paea out of Oregon State. All are big athletic DE/DT's who I think will shine at the next level.

The big 3 as far as QB's are Andrew Luck-Stanford, Ryan Mallet-Arkansas, and Jake Locker-Washington. Cam Newton should also garner a look although I'm not completely sold on him. If they go QB it has to be Luck, although I think Mallett is going to surprise a lot of people.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby benb18a » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:42 pm

bungle613 wrote:
benb18a wrote:They need to draft the best RB available with that pick.

Curious why you say that Ben. DWill is gone imo but Stewart is still signed and Goodson and Sutton are considered by some (myself included) easily a RB2 on alot of NFL teams. The rumours are they have had multiple offers on Sutton and turned them all down. I think they are just fine at RB.

Sorry, it was sarcasm that wasn't very transparent :-b

Honestly, I don't know what they should draft. Maybe trade down and get a WR since they pretty much have a corps of has beens and should have beens. Not sure how high Clausen was taken, but they probably don't want to give up on him this early. BPA is always a good route, and I doubt it will be a RB. Seems like the Kijana Carters and Tim Biakabutuka (think it was CAR who drafted him?) of the world have made teams gun shy to get a RB at #1 overall anyway.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby benb18a » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:46 pm

Holein1 wrote:love it....panther clinch 1st pick and luck comes out and says he has not decided to declare

Do you mean decided not to declare?

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk