Eagles game wan an intentional lay down - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eagles game wan an intentional lay down

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Eagles game wan an intentional lay down

Postby DaShiz23 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:50 pm

I didnt see a let down. I saw a Vikings D play the way ppl thought they could have all year. Their O fed off of this, and played well, not great.
DaShiz23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Maris09 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:30 pm

teezy33 wrote:I could buy the lay down argument, but deep down I don't see it. If it was really a lay down Reid would have given some guys a rest in this game

Well gotta make it look legit, especially in front of the home town fans.
Otherwise they might as well just not started them in the first place.

Look I agree their oline is banged up, and the defense isn't what it was. I know it's a bit of a stretch to say they wanted to lose this game. But that's really the only conclusion I can come to after adding up all the pieces.

Munboy wrote:um.....#2 seed gets a first round bye........................................... :-?

Why not fight for it?

You're going under the assumption that if they win both games they get the 2 seed.
That thinking is fine, if they were guaranteed the 2 seed and bye. But they weren’t.

So if ya fight….and ya don’t get it….you’re kinda done.
3 games in 12 days is a death wish. Even if ya get by that first playoff game, you’re too banged up to push deep into the playoffs, IMO.

All I know is the way it worked out....they get a guaranteed bye week(Week 17), and they get to go into the playoffs fresh off a week of rest, and play in a home game.
Not bad.
Certainly better than potentially playing 3 games in 12 days, I'll tell you that.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Maris09 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:34 pm

And this is what Joe Webb and the Vikings look like against a team that's trying.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Maris09 wrote:And this is what Joe Webb and the Vikings look like against a team that's trying.

At what point is this conspiracy theory come to an end? I wish I could unfollow this thread !+) :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Maris09 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:27 pm

You don't have to click on it bud. ;-D

The unfollow is in your hands.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:53 am

Maris09 wrote:You don't have to click on it bud. ;-D

I think there's a better alternative, bud ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Maris09 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:58 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
Maris09 wrote:You don't have to click on it bud. ;-D

I think there's a better alternative, bud ;-D

Better than you not continuing to come into a thread you don't want to?
Na bud ;-D
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:30 pm

I don't think it was a lay down by any means, but ... it is probably smarter to do so. You can have a bye at the expense of exposing key players (who are banged up) to further injury. Or pussyfoot it, have to play an extra game but take the week of rest now and at least get one at home.

The whole reschedule thing was BS. There should be a provision to flex back to original time for emergency reasons. I was slammed with the snow at my family's house, but we were all still furious. Personally, I think GB is the worst case opponent right now, so getting them at home, letting others duke it out might not be so bad. Granted it was at home, but the Eagles destroyed the Falcons. That was with Kolb. So I would call homefield vs Kolb a wash. I think the Eagles can take them. Bears look tough, but that was something of a disaster and the Eagles still hung. We shall see. The worst opponent for the Eagles missed the playoffs.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Maris09 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:06 pm

eaglesrule wrote:I don't think it was a lay down by any means, but ... it is probably smarter to do so. You can have a bye at the expense of exposing key players (who are banged up) to further injury. Or pussyfoot it, have to play an extra game but take the week of rest now and at least get one at home.

The whole reschedule thing was BS. There should be a provision to flex back to original time for emergency reasons. I was slammed with the snow at my family's house, but we were all still furious. Personally, I think GB is the worst case opponent right now, so getting them at home, letting others duke it out might not be so bad. Granted it was at home, but the Eagles destroyed the Falcons. That was with Kolb. So I would call homefield vs Kolb a wash. I think the Eagles can take them. Bears look tough, but that was something of a disaster and the Eagles still hung. We shall see. The worst opponent for the Eagles missed the playoffs.

Totally agree that the rescheduling thing was BS. I actually think the Eagles would have tried for the whole "winning both remaining weeks-get the bye week thing" if they had played the game on Sunday. But once they were faced with the daunting task of 2 short weeks, and 3 games in 12 days total, it just wasn't worth it at all.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk