FCFS leagues, where are they? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FCFS leagues, where are they?

Moderator: Football Moderators

FCFS leagues, where are they?

Postby Big A$$ TDs » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Hey all, got a question.
First Come First Serve waiver wire leagues. I know most folks (with a job especially) probably don't like this way of running the wire, but since i work from home I'm not one of those folks. I just won my league championship ($63 buy in, 12 team, $350 pay out for 1st) thanks to just enough work from Vick last night, and I'm already thinking of next year. I would really love to get into an even bigger money league (a few hundred $ entry) on a site that is strictly FCFS with there waiver wire process. Obviously i feel it would be a big advantage for me what with the high speed internet i have tapped into my vein. :-D

So can anyone tell me what fantasy football sites that run this way?
Big A$$ TDs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: FCFS leagues, where are they?

Postby Big A$$ TDs » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:54 pm

really? all day and no one knows of a FCFS fantasy football league site? is it that uncommon or something?
Big A$$ TDs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bungle613 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:17 am

people are in holiday mode right now. FF is done for the casual player and CHristmas and New Years in here. Not a whole lot of traffic.

I can't think of a site that purely offers that system, I think you will likely have to look for a specific league that offers that system.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:03 am

i agree. every league ive played in over the 3 big sites(yahoo, espn, CBs) have allowed both. just make sure and find a league that uses what you want.

i play in 2 leagues w sun-tues waivers, and 1 with FCFS. no big deal...just pick a league that plays it the way you want
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Big A$$ TDs » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:17 am

Hmmm,.. ok then, where do u find out about leagues though? I played on masters once and they stuck people together randomly, but do the 3 main sites do that with money involved? Masters mailed winners there check
Big A$$ TDs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:23 am

ive never had to play in leagues w strangers...always friends and friends of friends...so i know who to ask prior to joining a league. if i had to randonly join a league....i would think there would be a way to view the league settings prior to signing up. just like if you dont want to play PPR, then you go find a league without PPR...whcih means you have to be able to look at the settings before hand

here is the link to the classified setion her at the cafe for next year. also try jumping in soem baseball cafe leagues. they shoudl be joining soon. you can always ask the commish which he uses prior to committing

viewforum.php
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk