How high are you willing to draft Vick next year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How high are you willing to draft Vick next year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: How high are you willing to draft Vick next year?

Postby DaShiz23 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:47 pm

scottaa1 wrote:so, 8th round would be too high? Not that he'll fall that far, but the original question was how high would you take him. Let's hold reality in abeyance and assume he doesn't go off the board early. If you're picking late in the sixth and don't have a QB and he's there, do you pick him up at 6.12? 7.05?

As was stated, it is fluid, but at this point, 6th round and I would have to think about it pretty good. By that time, you should have a good base to your team (RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2) that you could afford the 'risk'. If you dont have a QB by then, then it shouldnt hurt to nab him and another option over the next 2 rounds.
DaShiz23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby u_fig_eater » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:55 pm

4th round.
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:20 pm

u_fig_eater wrote:4th round.

Late 3rd or early 4th if we are going to start answering the question. That doesn't seem like much fun though. :-b
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:29 pm

bungle613 wrote:
u_fig_eater wrote:4th round.

Late 3rd or early 4th if we are going to start answering the question. That doesn't seem like much fun though. :-b

:-D I'm actually more interested in who else is still available at the time I consider Vick. If I can get a less flashy but steadier guy instead, I'll go that route and play it safe. Altho as Yoda told me, 'that is why you fail.'
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby mattUTD20 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:50 pm

It would probably depend for me on how I feel about the running backs in the 3rd/4th range. I could conceivably see myself taking Vick late 1st then going RB or WR early in the second and doing the same in the 3rd/4th. Depends on where guys fall but I wouldn't look down on someone taking him mid/late 1st. Just has a high floor at his position because of the running and that's what I look for in a 1st round pick, someone who can anchor my team. The injuries are a concern but its not hard finding a serviceable QB off the wire if he's out a couple games. It's not hard finding one late in the draft either so I don't think you're forced into taking another QB in the mid rounds just because you're worried about injuries.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DaSh 1s » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:12 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:so, 8th round would be too high? Not that he'll fall that far, but the original question was how high would you take him. Let's hold reality in abeyance and assume he doesn't go off the board early. If you're picking late in the sixth and don't have a QB and he's there, do you pick him up at 6.12? 7.05?

As was stated, it is fluid, but at this point, 6th round and I would have to think about it pretty good. By that time, you should have a good base to your team (RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2) that you could afford the 'risk'. If you dont have a QB by then, then it shouldnt hurt to nab him and another option over the next 2 rounds.

No shot he falls past the third round.
DaSh 1s
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:23 am

Though Vick may electrofy someone's FFB team next year, it won't be mine. No one who could electrocute an animal will ever be no my team. Pass.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Stelly » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:33 am

Off the top of my head, I would likely rank these QBs ahead of Vick for next year:

A. Rodgers
P. Manning
D. Brees
P. Rivers
T. Brady

He's a Top 6 QB, but knowing my league, he'll be off the board in Round 1 or 2. Personally, I would start to look at him in the 3rd depending who else was available, and it would probably be VERY hard to pass on him in the 4th. Like others have said, I probably won't need to worry about drafting him, as he will likely be drafted earlier than I would consider taking him.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Stelly wrote:Off the top of my head, I would likely rank these QBs ahead of Vick for next year:

A. Rodgers
P. Manning
D. Brees
P. Rivers
T. Brady

He's a Top 6 QB, but knowing my league, he'll be off the board in Round 1 or 2. Personally, I would start to look at him in the 3rd depending who else was available, and it would probably be VERY hard to pass on him in the 4th. Like others have said, I probably won't need to worry about drafting him, as he will likely be drafted earlier than I would consider taking him.

i might consider him ahead of Rivers...he just didnt look good down the stretch, although he was missing Gates and had a banged up WR corps
i actually have to decide between Vick and Rivers for a keeper...leaning towards Vick right now
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Azrael » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:46 pm

The thing that is most interesting to me about Vick is he outscored (or nearly did) all other QBs despite only play 3/4 as many games. Threw for 3,000 yards 21 TDs, ran for 676 and 9 more TDs in essentially 11 games. Those numbers translate into 4,300 yards 30TDs, 983 rushing yards and another 13 TDs in a full 16 games. He was practically an elite QB and a borderline RB1 packed into 1 position.

Really he had his 2004 Peyton Manning and 2007 Tom Brady season this year. He just only did it for 11 games. He will definitely go way too high next year like Brady and Manning did after their career years.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk