How high are you willing to draft Vick next year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How high are you willing to draft Vick next year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: How high are you willing to draft Vick next year?

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:58 pm

Yeah, I also would not feel comfortable drafting him where he will go, especially if he has a good postseason showing. Friends have already said they would nab him 1st or 2nd round. Can't do it. Too much risk.
DaShiz23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby u_fig_eater » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:10 pm

The thing people forget is, he was a good fantasy QB before he went to jail. Using this system:

# 1 pt. per 10 yards rushing or receiving
# 1 pt. per 25 yards passing
# 6 pts. for rushing, receiving or passing touchdown

Vick was the #5 QB in 2006. http://www.footballbabble.com/football/ ... ings/2006/. Now I'm just going off that site's scoring, but I've seen in various places him being placed around #5 that year. In run-heavy systems, he was #2: http://www.fantasyplaymakers.com/histor ... position=1.

So, his track record extends beyond this 11.5 game sample. Like Azrael said, he's basically 2 in 1. Still, too much of an injury risk for my taste. He has played 16 games only once in his career. I also smell a repeat of the T.O. situation with Desean Jackson (don't they have the same agent?).
Ball Breaker Keeper League: Beast Mode 8-5 #2 seed
u_fig_eater
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:24 pm

I agree with the notion that he will cost too much. However, and call me a homer or whatever (my jury is still kind of out), Reid definitely seems like a great QB coach, kind of hard to deny at this point -- guy has won games with AJ Feeley. Vick's rushing stats alone are like a solid flex RB in this age of the committee. He did miss time, and I have no doubt he would have been better, not worse, he looked awesome vs GB. And as far as "contain" -- yes Chicago and Giants limited him to a degree, but if Chicago limiting the Eagles to 26 points is shutting him down, I'll take it. Same with Giants. First game should have been even more embarrassing if Mr. Hands Avant couldn't haul that in. And say what you will, fact of the matter is that Vick DID do that in the second game.

I'm taking Brady ahead of him, Brees, Manning. Then I start to think. Vick will get hurt, I think that is for sure. If you can handcuff Kolb, then it might be worth it -- of course handcuffing a QB is kind of a waste.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk