what a finish - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

what a finish

Moderator: Football Moderators

what a finish

Postby bigken117 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:02 pm

4 in a row to close out the season - after losing some winnable games earlier in the season and letting penalties kill them time and again, the last month the Lions really seemed to get it together. They won games they should have won by outplaying their opponent ... 2 road wins ... didn't let stupid penalties ruin them ...

optimism for next year - check ;-D

crushed by October - probably :-/

such is life as a Lions fan.
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: what a finish

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:52 am

I still like the way this team is headed and I think the right people are in charge (or at least those people know the plan they want and are working towards that plan).
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:49 pm

i hate to do it to myself but anything less than a playoff berth next year will be a disappointment to me
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Bravo Lions, way to finish. I think its safe to say that we have finally returned to a level of respectability. Led by Ndamikon Suh, our D played better than their record. I am totally pumped to think of what a couple of well placed rookie additions can do to this squad. Ndominant, me thinks. We've still many questions, but we are finally showing that even a team as decimated as the Millen stained Leos can rise from the ashes much faster than one would ever imagine.
If Mayhew is better than I give him credit for, there is no reason that we shouldn't threaten to have a winning season next year.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:20 am

moochman wrote:I am totally pumped to think of what a couple of well placed rookie additions can do to this squad.

Be very careful, it looks like someone has hacked into moochman's account :-o

It is very hard to describe or put into words, but I still keep going back to the town hall meeting they had with season ticket holders prior to the 09/10 season. I felt comfortable that these guys have a plan on how to turn this franchise around, and every move that they have made has me believing in that plan. Are there going to be misses, sure there are, but with the hits they have had so far, there is a bit more room for error. Even some of the misses are not turning out to be that bad, so at least we still have some value out of those picks/FAs. This team had a long way to go after the 0-16 season, like many have said, there are no more excuses for this team, we are far enough away now from Millen and the 0-16 squad that everything that happens going forward is on Meyhew/Lewand and Schwartz.

It was actually fun to go to the games to end out the season, we weren't looking at ourselves saying 'Why?'.

My expectations for next year are to have the Lions logo represented in the graphics that are shown the last few weeks of the season - looking at the playoff picture. I also want to end a few more skids, like the Lambeau and Metrodome losing streaks.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby moochman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm

dream_017 wrote:
moochman wrote:I am totally pumped to think of what a couple of well placed rookie additions can do to this squad.

Be very careful, it looks like someone has hacked into moochman's account :-o

I can't believe I typed that in public :-b
I am very happy for the hard core season ticket holder like you. Here's to hoping the next blackout will be the result of too much post playoff partying. ;-D ;-D ;-D <---Three cheers for you Dream.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Detroit Lions