Cafe League Trade Stinks - but can't veto it - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Cafe League Trade Stinks - but can't veto it

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cafe League Trade Stinks - but can't veto it

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:15 am

Edited the Thread Title to reflect most recent situation.

Just saw this trade in one of my 10 Team Flea Dynasty leagues.

Team A (13-3 Record) gets Eli Manning
and
Team B(2-14 Record) gets 2010 5th Round Draft Pick.
Straight Up.

Eli Manning was Team B's top scoring roster player, was the 7th ranked QB and the 15th top scoring player in the league this year.. in spite of both Smith and Nicks missing games due to injury.
and
The 5th Round Pick will be the 48th pick in the 2011 Draft.

I cannot imagine how this trade can be anything but bad for the league?

Can anyone give me any reason why this trade should not be vetoed?
Last edited by FantasySportsMaven on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: If any trade deserves a VETO, this one does

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 am

I am not the commish, just a team owner. The league votes and only 4 vetoes are needed to stop a trade. BUT, I doubt that unless I send out some emails, there will even be 4 other owners checking in on the league to see the trade in the next 24 hours?

When I saw this, before I said anything about it, I checked to see if maybe Team B's owner was wasted when he accepted this trade, by sending him some slightly better trade offers than his Eli for a 5th round pick... all of which he rejected. One example was a 3rd round pick for Jerome Simpson and he responded that Simpson would take a 1st round pick if I really wanted him badly enough.

Should I veto it and should I send emails to other owners asking them to check out this trade?
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:14 am

Holy Crap! I just went to the Flea League site and saw that the Commish pushed this offseason trade through prematurely, with about 36 hours left in the 48 hour trade review period. This trade is getting more smelly by the minute. :-P

I've sent the Commish an email asking him why he pushed this obviously lopsided trade through prematurely and am waiting for his reply before I make a fuss on the league site and email all the other owners of this BS.

Sad part is.... this is a Cafe League. :,-(
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Lung » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:52 pm

FantasySportsMaven wrote:Holy Crap! I just went to the Flea League site and saw that the Commish pushed this offseason trade through prematurely, with about 36 hours left in the 48 hour trade review period. This trade is getting more smelly by the minute. :-P

I've sent the Commish an email asking him why he pushed this obviously lopsided trade through prematurely and am waiting for his reply before I make a fuss on the league site and email all the other owners of this BS.

While everything you've presented about this situation makes it sure sound fishy, the problem is that you've cried wolf so many times it's hard to take you seriously now. From what I've been told, you get dramatic/paranoid about stuff that can get out of hand, and you will get going when you enjoy some success and start thinking people are colluding against you. If I know one thing for a fact, it's how many threads you've created or weighed in on about collusion in this Commissioner's Corner forum. That alone really makes me wonder.

FantasySportsMaven wrote:Sad part is.... this is a Cafe League. :,-(

While I can't vouch for the integrity every single Cafe league here, they are surely bound to be more trustworthy than not. If it bothers you so much, then I guess you won't be returning to said league. And to be honest, everything I've been told about you gives me the impression that your (former) league members won't miss you when you're gone. :-b
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Re: Cafe League Trade Stinks - but can't veto it

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:25 am

what is the issue with the trade? is 5th rd too high or low for Eli?

i personally wouldnt draft Eli before the 7th or 8th next year...as there are plenty of Qbs to go around....so i would think getting a 5th for him would be money...but nothing to cry collusion about
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:50 am

shawngee03 wrote:what is the issue with the trade? is 5th rd too high or low for Eli?

i personally wouldnt draft Eli before the 7th or 8th next year...as there are plenty of Qbs to go around....so i would think getting a 5th for him would be money...but nothing to cry collusion about

Thanks for your opinion.

This is a dyansty league, with large rosters, where the top scoring players are QBs.
Due to our large team rosters, our draft is almost all rookies, so the trade essentially is the 15th top scoring player in the league for about the 40th best rookie player.

Both owners have now voiced in on the trade with the guy who got Manning saying "hey, all I did was offer and he accepted". The guy who traded Manning said he just wanted to get rid of Manning since he was redoing his team with Bradford and Tebow as his QBs.

After hearing form the two owners, I can't blame the guy who got Manning for getting him for nothing, and I guess if the owner to took the 5th round pick for him wants to dump all his players, he can do so. The problem now with this trade is that it was processed after only 12 hours of the 48 hour trade review period required under our rules.

So far, two owners have voiced their veto of this trade and I wouldn't be suprised if two more vetos come in before long which would meet the 4 vetos required under our rules to invalidate this trade.
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:59 am

ok yes....if 5th round means 5th round after a whole bunch of keepers then yes its out of whack. but good job for the guy who got manning for nothing...not his fault

if its truly out of whack enough to be bad for the league....the guy who is dumping should be checked a little

roster dumping is not good for the league
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:02 am

If I know one thing for a fact, it's how many threads you've created or weighed in on about collusion in this Commissioner's Corner forum. That alone really makes me wonder.

Wow... odd that a moderator on a forum would complain about a forum member for posting to much. :-b
I thought one of your jobs as a mod was to encourage increased traffic?

Since you did nothing in your post but denigrate the messenger, it is basically a thread fart. Next time, why not address the forum members concerns regarding their question. For example, none of us still know if you think the trade is vetoable or if you think it was okay for the Commish to process this trade well before the end of the league review period?

Come on Lung... I know you can do better than this. ;-D
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:05 am

shawngee03 wrote:ok yes....if 5th round means 5th round after a whole bunch of keepers then yes its out of whack. but good job for the guy who got manning for nothing...not his fault

if its truly out of whack enough to be bad for the league....the guy who is dumping should be checked a little

roster dumping is not good for the league

This is a 10 team dynasty league with 45 player rosters... so a 5th round pick translates to trading Eli Manning for about the 500th player drafted. 8-o

And, like I just mentioned, we still have a shot at having this trade reversed?
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:14 am

unless you think they're colluding, let the owners manage their team as they see fit
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner