Cafe League Trade Stinks - but can't veto it - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Cafe League Trade Stinks - but can't veto it

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cafe League Trade Stinks - but can't veto it

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:31 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:unless you think they're colluding, let the owners manage their team as they see fit

Thanks Dan for your post! ;-D

I don't think the owners colluded, per se, but the bottom dwelling owner who basically gave away Eli Manning has admitted he just wanted to dump him and was glad to get anthing for him. In most leagues, dumping top players for any reason is usually frowned upon... isn't that your experience too?
To complicate this issue is that it was the worse team in the league who gave away his top scorer for basically nothing TO the best team in the league, whose ONLY weakness was at QB. So, it is easy to see that this trade is bad for the league.

Finally, as it stand now, this issue comes down to the fact that the league owners never got the chance to even review this trade according to league rules of a 48 hour trade review period.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:46 pm

FSM, we have literally thousands of Cafe members here who make a positive contribution to the Cafe and whom we encourage to increase traffic. Based on the many reported negative experiences of people whom were your leaguemates and what we have observed from your posts since you joined, you are not making a positive impact. I have been a Cafe member since 2004 and a moderator since 2008 and I can count on one hand the number of folks that I know to have fallen into this category - this is not something applied lightly and without considerable debate. But I just want you to be aware that the almost universal consensus is that if you no longer chose to participate in Cafe leagues or discussions, folks won't feel sorry if the door hits you in the ass on the way out.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:43 pm

The Lung wrote:FSM, we have literally thousands of Cafe members here who make a positive contribution to the Cafe and whom we encourage to increase traffic. Based on the many reported negative experiences of people whom were your leaguemates and what we have observed from your posts since you joined, you are not making a positive impact. I have been a Cafe member since 2004 and a moderator since 2008 and I can count on one hand the number of folks that I know to have fallen into this category - this is not something applied lightly and without considerable debate. But I just want you to be aware that the almost universal consensus is that if you no longer chose to participate in Cafe leagues or discussions, folks won't feel sorry if the door hits you in the ass on the way out.

Obviously Lung , statistics was never one of your strengths. :-b

In my three plus years here on the Cafe I have posted more than 2200 times. How many of those have you actually read? How many of those would you deem to be not positive... more than 1100? It is also strange that for someone like me who is not making a positive impact can have a Friendliness rating of whoa... 100%?
How could that be?

Fact is, you are letting your bias interfere with your intellect. In this case, seems that it is you who has decided to hatefully thread fart into my thread and it is you who is the negative impacter here?

I can't deny that I spend alot of time and effort on FFB and take it very seriously. And, I will admit that it is usually me who objects when I see something in one of my leagues that doesn't look right or breaks the rules. As shown by your attacks on me, it takes courage to publicly point out possible inequities or wrongs. I also won't let any hater deter me from helping others with their questions or doing what I can to improve the Cafe and all the leagues I participate in. I won't stop doing the right thing just because it makes someone else uncomfortable. I don't scare easy. :-D

I guess that the difference between me and you is this: I see someone, who questions infractions of rules or unfair situations to bring them to the attention of his fellow league owners, as an attentive, active, fair, courageous and positive owner; while you seem to think that same person is a PITA complainer who just wants to disrupt the status quo and superiority of the old boys club?

Maybe, we’re both a little right? ;-)
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree?
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Lung » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:16 pm

FSM, go ahead and continue to live in denial. But trust me, you've been talked about for years, and I'm the one who is volunteering now to break the news and do you a favor. I don't know how many different people it's gonna take, and how long you're going to continue to stick your head in the sand, but one of these days you're going to wake up and finally realize why people flee like rats from a sinking ship from the leagues you participate in, and why you are not invited to join any others - it's because of the way YOU act. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby krazymop » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:37 pm

FantasySportsMaven wrote:
I don't think the owners colluded, per se, but the bottom dwelling owner who basically gave away Eli Manning has admitted he just wanted to dump him and was glad to get anthing for him.

This is a case of letting managers manage their own teams. If he didn't want Manning and he is happy he got a 5th round pick for him, then leave it alone. If you knew he wanted to dump Manning and would take a 5th, would you have made the trade if you were the guy getting Manning?
krazymop
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 16)

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:09 am

krazymop wrote:
FantasySportsMaven wrote:
I don't think the owners colluded, per se, but the bottom dwelling owner who basically gave away Eli Manning has admitted he just wanted to dump him and was glad to get anthing for him.

This is a case of letting managers manage their own teams. If he didn't want Manning and he is happy he got a 5th round pick for him, then leave it alone. If you knew he wanted to dump Manning and would take a 5th, would you have made the trade if you were the guy getting Manning?

Actually, I probably would have offered him a second round pick... and might still do that if the current deal is vetoed.

If I am to be critical of trades that I see as so lopsided as to be bad for the league, then it wouldn't be right for me to make those same type trades. And, just last week, in this same league, here is proof of that.
I needed a TE since Gates was hurt and Celek had been sucking so I offered another team my 2nd round draft pick (18th pick) for Winslow. He accepted and the trade was processed. But then I saw that Fleaflicker had listed the traded pick as being the 13th pick since Flea used a serpentine draft instead of the NFL style draft this league actually uses. So, being the rotten bastard that i am, I send the other owner an email noting that the pick I traded him was for the 18th pick and not as FF shows, the 13th pick.

He said that he wouldn't have made the deal if he knew that FF had the pick listed incorrectly. So, being the owner who makes others flee the league like rats from a sinking ship, I offered to reverse the trade and give him back Winslow for the 2nd round pick. As an alternative, I told him that if he'd like we could just keep the trade as is and I would throw in Carlson for free. He took Carlson and fled the league cursing me all the way home. :-D
Anyway, I am sure I have made offers which others deemed lopsided, but can't think of any which were accepted and processed.
Thanks Krazymop for responding to this thread's actual topic. ;-D
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:17 am

UPDATE: The Commish has graciously agreed to let the league vote on the trade and so far, two owners have weighed in and both have vetoed the deal.

Regardless of how lopsided I might think the deal is, all I can ask and expect is for us to follow the league rules with regard to the review period for trades. No matter the outcome of the trade vote, no owner can ask for anything more. Kudos to the Commish in this regard! ;-D
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:27 pm

The cafe tends to not care about bad trades unless they are collusion, you know that.

The cafe tends to not care about what you say maves, you know that.

Have you decided if your a girl or guy yet?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Mavs there are threads going back for years warning people off about your actions in leagues. Ya know, if you get divorced once, maybe it's a mutual fault thing. Get divorced twice, hey maybe it was a couple bad decisions. Three, four, five divorces? Maybe, just maybe, you might want to consider if you have anything to do with it.

Food for thought. Which you'll probably regurgitate into something that makes you sound positive and everyone else sound like they're at fault.

You can't seem to take a hint or criticism so I'm now assuming that this is just a game for you to act the way you do and respond the way you do. :-t
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:46 am

FantasySportsMaven wrote:It is also strange that for someone like me who is not making a positive impact can have a Friendliness rating of whoa... 100%?
How could that be?

You might want to take a closer look 8-o
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner