Cafe League Trade Stinks - but can't veto it - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Cafe League Trade Stinks - but can't veto it

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cafe League Trade Stinks - but can't veto it

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:02 am

dream_017 wrote:
FantasySportsMaven wrote:It is also strange that for someone like me who is not making a positive impact can have a Friendliness rating of whoa... 100%?
How could that be?

You might want to take a closer look 8-o

Now that IS Funny! :-)
Good one. From 100% to 5% in a minute. My only question is why you left it at 5% and didn't take it down to 0%? :-b

scottaa1 wrote:Mavs there are threads going back for years warning people off about your actions in leagues. Ya know, if you get divorced once, maybe it's a mutual fault thing. Get divorced twice, hey maybe it was a couple bad decisions. Three, four, five divorces? Maybe, just maybe, you might want to consider if you have anything to do with it.
Already address this in one of the posts above regarding the heat I take for being a whistleblower when I see necessary. That is a cross I am willing to bear and I don't see myself as a martyr for doing so but as an involved and highly conciencous and active owner. I have seen what happens to leagues when rules are ignored and lopsided trades between "friends" are left unquestioned. The bottom dwelling teams see the hopelessness of their situation and just drop out. IMO, more owners should care about their leagues as much as I do.
Then again, your opinions differ and I am seen as a boat rocker and PITA by many of you folks. So be it.... as I said, we can agree to disagree.
Last edited by FantasySportsMaven on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:06 am

aaawall91 wrote:Have you decided if your a girl or guy yet?

Why, you lookin for a hookup? %-6
Sorry to disapoint you, but I've been with the same woman for the last 30 years and married for 27 of them. Guess, you'll have to look elsewhere to get lucky. ;-)
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Lung » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:21 am

scottaa1 wrote:Food for thought. Which you'll probably regurgitate into something that makes you sound positive and everyone else sound like they're at fault.

Well you hit that one on the nose. :-b

This is a lost cause. If he hasn't gotten it by now, he never will. I guess tigers never lose their stripes. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:59 am

The Lung wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:Food for thought. Which you'll probably regurgitate into something that makes you sound positive and everyone else sound like they're at fault.

Well you hit that one on the nose. :-b

This is a lost cause. If he hasn't gotten it by now, he never will. I guess tigers never lose their stripes. :-t

I don't think there is any fault to be found with anyone. Everyone has an opinion and although we could do without the hatespeak, everyone is equally allowed to voice theirs too if they wish.

What I "don't get" is why you object to me questioning lopsided trades and objecting to violations of league rules when I see them?

Like I said... guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:23 pm

FantasySportsMaven wrote:Good one. From 100% to 5% in a minute. My only question is why you left it at 5% and didn't take it down to 0%?

That was my fault :-/
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby ABA316 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Regardless of opinions on the actual trade, I think most would agree that the trade should not have been put through prematurely.
ABA316 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:31 am

scottaa1 wrote:
FantasySportsMaven wrote:Good one. From 100% to 5% in a minute. My only question is why you left it at 5% and didn't take it down to 0%?

That was my fault :-/

:-b No problem... saw that you got it down to zero. I guess that saying about absolute power absoulutely corrupting is valid... and I guess that is one more reason why leagues need guys like me? ;-)
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:38 am

ABA316 wrote:Regardless of opinions on the actual trade, I think most would agree that the trade should not have been put through prematurely.
One might think that to be true, but not if the trade owners themselves, or friends of the trade owners have any say about it. If I had objected to some newbies trade in those leagues, not a peep.... 8-o
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:30 pm

FantasySportsMaven wrote:

Sorry to disapoint you, but I've been with the same woman for the last 30 years and married for 27 of them. Guess, you'll have to look elsewhere to get lucky. ;-)

Funny, didn't answer my question though....
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 am

aaawall91 wrote:
FantasySportsMaven wrote:

Funny, didn't answer my question though....

We don't decide our gender, God does.
And, in case you don't believe in God either, here is a link to an easy to read simple explanation of the biologic determination of human gender - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_differentiation
If you are confused as to my Cafe ID (and you wouldn't be the first) of FantastSportsMaven, here is a link a definition along with some history of the words use. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maven
And, finally, since you seem to have a strange curiosity as to my gender, all you ever needed to do is click on my profile in one of our leagues - Here is a link for ya: http://www.fleaflicker.com/user?userId=68005

There are more complex scientific links I could have provided but I wanted to keep it easy for you to understand.

Glad I could help to educate you.
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner