does anyone here speak encryption? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

does anyone here speak encryption?

Moderator: Football Moderators

does anyone here speak encryption?

Postby AllecHayes17 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:13 pm

I got a new laptop and I am afraid of losing it, or it getting jacked. I want some kind of hard drive encryption so that if that does happen to jack it, they can’t get my data. If not prevent them, at least make it so difficult that they will hopefully just reformat the drives – which would delete the data.

I found this review in PC Mag about Zonealarm’s Datalock data encryption program:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2371748,00.asp

It says that Datalocks support is the main feature, that just call them and they can help you out.

Do other data encryption programs offer this level of support?

It seems that Datalock is easy to use, are other programs harder to use?

Can you get locked out of Windows 7 encyrption?
AllecHayes17
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: does anyone here speak encryption?

Postby joejlitz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:00 am

AllecHayes17 wrote:I got a new laptop and I am afraid of losing it, or it getting jacked. I want some kind of hard drive encryption so that if that does happen to jack it, they can’t get my data. If not prevent them, at least make it so difficult that they will hopefully just reformat the drives – which would delete the data.

Dude, unless you work for NASA or the FBI, I doubt you have anything to worry about. Laptop "jackers" aren't interested in your Sociology term papers. A jacker might want those naked pics of your girlfriend, though. But so what? It's not something I would spend time and money to safeguard. You will probably have had 5 other girlfriends by the time your laptop does get jacked.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to General Talk