Week 19 GC: New York Jets @ New England Patriots - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 19 GC: New York Jets @ New England Patriots

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 19 GC: New York Jets @ New England Patriots

Postby The Lung » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:04 pm

AFC Championship in Pittsburgh, hell yeah!!! ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Hell of a game. Jets dominated from start to finish. Best stat they showed all game was that the last time a team has beaten the Colts and Pats in back to back weeks was all the way back in '01.

Has anyone ever beaten the #1, #2, and the #3 seeds to advance to the Superbowl?
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:59 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Hell of a game. Jets dominated from start to finish. Best stat they showed all game was that the last time a team has beaten the Colts and Pats in back to back weeks was all the way back in '01.

Has anyone ever beaten the #1, #2, and the #3 seeds to advance to the Superbowl?

;-D

The Giants did it in 2007. They were the 6 seed. They beat #3 TB, then #1 Dallas, and then #2 GB...and then #1 NE...18-1. :-B :-) :-b ;-D

This year feels VERY similar. In 2007, the Giants didn't do well down the stretch and they backed into the playoffs. I didn't think they'd win against TB or Dallas (Cowboys had beaten them twice in the reg season), but after they reached the Championship game, I finally thought we had a chance. Same thing this year for the Jets. Backed into the playoffs. I honestly didn't think we'd beat Indy or NE on the road, but now we're 60 minutes away from the SB baby!! GO JETS!! :-) ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:58 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:Hell of a game. Jets dominated from start to finish. Best stat they showed all game was that the last time a team has beaten the Colts and Pats in back to back weeks was all the way back in '01.

;-D

The Giants did it in 2007. They were the 6 seed. They beat #3 TB, then #1 Dallas, and then #2 GB...and then #1 NE...18-1. :-B :-) :-b ;-D

This year feels VERY similar. In 2007, the Giants didn't do well down the stretch and they backed into the playoffs. I didn't think they'd win against TB or Dallas (Cowboys had beaten them twice in the reg season), but after they reached the Championship game, I finally thought we had a chance. Same thing this year for the Jets. Backed into the playoffs. I honestly didn't think we'd beat Indy or NE on the road, but now we're 60 minutes away from the SB baby!! GO JETS!! :-) ;-D

I don't think the Jets backed into the playoffs at all and personally, I disagree with that term in general. What's the difference in winning the games earlier in the year then losing the ones at the end of the year? Winning games in the beginning of the year allows you to have a few screw ups towards the end of the year.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting