Server Move! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Server Move!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Server Move!

Postby menyak » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi guys - just a quick heads up that we will be moving to a new server shortly. Transition will start early Monday morning and *could* potentially take up to 72 hours (although for most, it will be much quicker). Have a safe trip, and see you on the other side! ;-D
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Server Move!

Postby The Lung » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:06 pm

menyak wrote:Hi guys - just a quick heads up that we will be moving to a new server shortly. Transition will start early Monday morning and *could* potentially take up to 72 hours (although for most, it will be much quicker). Have a safe trip, and see you on the other side! ;-D

Thanks for the heads-up. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby menyak » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Sorry for the mess, but those who've been here long enough already know me. :-D The worst is over, I'm tired and taking a break now. Theories, as to why some avatars show up, while others aren't, are very welcome. ;-)

Anything else broken or missing? Please let me know!
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:40 am

FYI, my avatar wasn't showing up, but I went into my user control panel, deleted the image, and then reloaded it and it is showing just fine now. Sorry I don't have any theories why some avatars didn't make the migration, but it looks like they can be easily restored. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:29 am

The schedule tool doesn't seem to be working....I can't log in, it gives an error message

error message wrote:Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@fantasyfootballcafe.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2 Server at http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com Port 80
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Some posts made yesterday disappeared.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby menyak » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:00 pm

stomperrob wrote:Some posts made yesterday disappeared.

Any details on that? 8-o
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:56 pm

menyak wrote:

Any details on that? 8-o

I don't know if whole threads disappeared, but I noticed some posts added to threads by myself and others disappeared. For example I made a post to the Michigan Wolverines thread yesterday and it was gone today so I re-posted it. This also happened to another thread I added a post to and I noticed this happened to a couple other guys as well in other threads.
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:16 pm

stomperrob wrote:
menyak wrote:

Any details on that? 8-o

I don't know if whole threads disappeared, but I noticed some posts added to threads by myself and others disappeared. For example I made a post to the Michigan Wolverines thread yesterday and it was gone today so I re-posted it. This also happened to another thread I added a post to and I noticed this happened to a couple other guys as well in other threads.

Well it's more an academic question, as the posts cannot be recovered. But I took an extremely conservative approach this time - locked the forums, ran mysqlhotcopy (which should flush any unsaved queries from memory to the database before copying), moved the files over to the new server, unzipped them, and then reopened the forum. It's totally beyond me, how even a single post could have escaped. :-P
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:29 pm

menyak wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
menyak wrote:Any details on that? 8-o

Well it's more an academic question, as the posts cannot be recovered. But I took an extremely conservative approach this time - locked the forums, ran mysqlhotcopy (which should flush any unsaved queries from memory to the database before copying), moved the files over to the new server, unzipped them, and then reopened the forum. It's totally beyond me, how even a single post could have escaped. :-P

I dunno - I know for a while there was a red banner at the top of the page that said Information: This board is currently... (can't remember the rest), but one could still do things I think. I seem to remember this happening once before a long time ago (another server change?), but if memory serves, I think the posts "magically" re-appeared later once the new server kicked in. There didn't seem to be a lotta people here yesterday (maybe because of the red banner) so I don't think a lotta posts were lost.

Not a big deal in any event, just wanted to let ya know. ;-D
stomperrob

Next

Return to General Talk