Server Move! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Server Move!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Server Move!

Postby menyak » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:49 pm

stomperrob wrote:I dunno - I know for a while there was a red banner at the top of the page that said Information: This board is currently... (can't remember the rest), but one could still do things I think. I seem to remember this happening once before a long time ago (another server change?), but if memory serves, I think the posts "magically" re-appeared later once the new server kicked in. There didn't seem to be a lotta people here yesterday (maybe because of the red banner) so I don't think a lotta posts were lost.

Not a big deal in any event, just wanted to let ya know. ;-D

Yeah, interesting to know, anyway. Maybe something to remember next time, but hopefully that's in a distant future. :-° :-b
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:35 pm

There are at least 3 posts, that I know I made, that are missing. And even a private message that I sent that went missing. One post was on the Darkside, one was in Football Leftovers here, another was a thread I actually created in the Mod Forum...and Flux had responded to. And then there was the PM. I was told it had been sent, but the person I sent it to never got it, and it disappeared from my outbox and sent messages. Don't know if any of that is useful at all. I could elaborate more if needed via PM.

Maybe it's just a glitch in the matrix. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby menyak » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:51 am

Metroid wrote:There are at least 3 posts, that I know I made, that are missing. And even a private message that I sent that went missing. One post was on the Darkside, one was in Football Leftovers here, another was a thread I actually created in the Mod Forum...and Flux had responded to. And then there was the PM. I was told it had been sent, but the person I sent it to never got it, and it disappeared from my outbox and sent messages. Don't know if any of that is useful at all. I could elaborate more if needed via PM.

What time were the posts made - did you notice that red banner? I "locked" the forums around 2:55 EST Monday morning, so if the posts/messages were written after that, then it's obvious that the lock had no effect. :-[
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

WebmasterCafe WriterGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:52 am

menyak wrote:
Metroid wrote:There are at least 3 posts, that I know I made, that are missing. And even a private message that I sent that went missing. One post was on the Darkside, one was in Football Leftovers here, another was a thread I actually created in the Mod Forum...and Flux had responded to. And then there was the PM. I was told it had been sent, but the person I sent it to never got it, and it disappeared from my outbox and sent messages. Don't know if any of that is useful at all. I could elaborate more if needed via PM.

What time were the posts made - did you notice that red banner? I "locked" the forums around 2:55 EST Monday morning, so if the posts/messages were written after that, then it's obvious that the lock had no effect. :-[

I don't remember what time they were made but they were all at the same time, and yes they were when the red banner was up. I know this for a fact because that was what the thread I posted in the Mod Lounge was inquiring about. :-B
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:09 am

Metroid wrote:
menyak wrote:

I don't remember what time they were made but they were all at the same time, and yes they were when the red banner was up. I know this for a fact because that was what the thread I posted in the Mod Lounge was inquiring about. :-B

Same here, but it was def after 2:55 AM by several hours.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:53 pm

Is anyone else having trouble finding the Cafe from time to time? Several times since the server move I've run across this message:

Firefox can't find the server at www.fantasyfootballcafe.com.

It lasts for a few minutes, then my links work again.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby menyak » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:15 pm

knapplc wrote:Is anyone else having trouble finding the Cafe from time to time? Several times since the server move I've run across this message:

Firefox can't find the server at http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com.

It lasts for a few minutes, then my links work again.

How's it now? :-?
menyak Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby knapplc » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Haven't had it happen since I posted that, so it seems OK. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk