2011 Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

2011 Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

2011 Rankings

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:11 pm

So, some sites are starting to roll out their ranks for 2011. Fanhouse put out their QB ranks recently-
Rodgers
Vick
Peyton
Brady
Rivers
Breese
---New Tier---
Romo
Big Ben
---New Tier---
Shaub
Tebow
Eli
Stafford
Ryan
Freeman
Flacco

Generally, I agree with this. My biggest issue is the 3rd tier. I'd probably move Ryan/Freeman/Flacco to the top of that tier, followed by Schaub, Eli, then Tebow. Tebow being ranked 10th is surprising.

Anything else in their ranks noteworthy?
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3627
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2011 Rankings

Postby bostonsoxandy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Kareighuis wrote:So, some sites are starting to roll out their ranks for 2011. Fanhouse put out their QB ranks recently-
Rodgers
Vick
Peyton
Brady
Rivers
Breese
---New Tier---
Romo
Big Ben
---New Tier---
Shaub
Tebow
Eli
Stafford
Ryan
Freeman
Flacco

Generally, I agree with this. My biggest issue is the 3rd tier. I'd probably move Ryan/Freeman/Flacco to the top of that tier, followed by Schaub, Eli, then Tebow. Tebow being ranked 10th is surprising.

Anything else in their ranks noteworthy?


I don't like their third tier...I think Tebow should be in Tier 4 and Flacco, Schaub, and Eli go to Tier 2.
bostonsoxandy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 266
Joined: 31 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2011 Rankings

Postby Guru13 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:58 pm

Tebow?... Tebow?!

Oh come on.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2011 Rankings

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:16 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Tebow?... Tebow?!

Oh come on.


He will rack up quite a bit of rushing yardage. And in leagues that are 4 pt. pass TD, it's some comfort that Tebow should run for a bunch of TDs too. I mean, is something like 2800/20 (TD)/15 (INT) that hard to fathom from him for next year, if he stays healthy? And if he chips in 700 rushing (he ran for 60 per game this year when he started, I don't see why 700 would be ridiculous) and tacks on another 8 on the ground (he ran for 6 this year), that's nearly 300 fantasy points for the year (tack some off for turnovers). But with the rushing he's got borderline-top-5 potential. I'd love to grab a Tebow as a potential starting QB (of course, you'd want to pair him with another guy in that tier since there's considerable downside with him too. But I think 10th is actually a pretty good ranking for him.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 635
Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2011 Rankings

Postby Guru13 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:22 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Tebow?... Tebow?!

Oh come on.


He will rack up quite a bit of rushing yardage. And in leagues that are 4 pt. pass TD, it's some comfort that Tebow should run for a bunch of TDs too. I mean, is something like 2800/20 (TD)/15 (INT) that hard to fathom from him for next year, if he stays healthy? And if he chips in 700 rushing (he ran for 60 per game this year when he started, I don't see why 700 would be ridiculous) and tacks on another 8 on the ground (he ran for 6 this year), that's nearly 300 fantasy points for the year (tack some off for turnovers). But with the rushing he's got borderline-top-5 potential. I'd love to grab a Tebow as a potential starting QB (of course, you'd want to pair him with another guy in that tier since there's considerable downside with him too. But I think 10th is actually a pretty good ranking for him.

I just think those are extremely lofty expectations. This isn't Josh McDaniels high-flying offense, this is the 4-12 Denver Broncos led by John Fox.

Now, yes, its true I'm not a big Tebow fan - never have been (atleast as far his playing QB in the NFL). But the upside here I think is really limited - Knowshon could be great next year but he can't stay healthy (and if he goes down again they have nothing at rb), and his receiving options are lackluster. Lloyd had a great season - but how much of that can be attributed to the offense? Demaryius Thomas has shown next to nothing, and Eddie Royal couldn't even outperform the ancient Jabar Gaffney last year. Not to mention a completion percentage of only 50%. eh.

edit: what I would really be interested to see is his accuracy down the field, over say 20 yards. I feel like they're receivers are dependent on the deep ball, particularly Lloyd - but I have no idea where to get that information.
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2011 Rankings

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Honestly, I think Tebow's pretty capable of putting up those numbers though. I'm asking for like 180/game passing and another 40-50 pere game rushing. However, a pick of Tebow could end up disasterous. I'm not even sure John Fox will let him be the starter for the entire season. I'm thinking of trying a late round mobile QB/high upside platoon of Josh Freeman and Tebow might be a sweet idea in a 12-teamer...
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 635
Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2011 Rankings

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:46 pm

no way i would take Tebow that high, but after seeing the stats he put up the last few weeks i regret not picking him up in my Dynasty league
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Re: 2011 Rankings

Postby mojoorising » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:34 pm

I could see myself targeting romo next year but if i miss out on him i would be more then willing to settle for freeman, i think he has a big year next year
mojoorising
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 216
Joined: 14 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2011 Rankings

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:03 pm

mojoorising wrote:I could see myself targeting romo next year but if i miss out on him i would be more then willing to settle for freeman, i think he has a big year next year


Be careful- I've seen a number of ppl say they're targeting him. Wouldn't be surprised if his ADP shoots higher as the 2011 season approaches (assuming there is one). In fact, I'm wondering if he's getting close to a dynasty sell high.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3627
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2011 Rankings

Postby Wenchtamer » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:55 pm

Schaub and Tebow too high.

Freeman and Flacco too low.

Overall a decent list.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Musketeer
Posts: 847
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Scouring over dynasty rankings

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 22:47 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact