Auction Waiver Process - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Auction Waiver Process

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auction Waiver Process

Postby newera59fifty8 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Hello,

I have been running a league for 8 years now, we have always used the reverse order of standings add drop format for waivers each week and basically I think it's time for a change. I know there has been some previous posts on this topic but if anyone who uses this style of waivers and maybe have adjusted to what works best could post the details. It would be a huge help for a league that is new to the idea.

a few quick questions I have;

1. How much budget do you allow teams to start with?

2. Can teams receive more free agent money during a season?

3. If you bid $10 and the next high bid is $7 do you spend 8?

4. If nobody else bids on a player does it cost $1 or nothing against your budget.

I would like to know all I can so when I present this to the guys (who will have a tonne of questions) I want to be able to answer their questions.

Thanks, new to the site and there looks to be a allot of great topics.
newera59fifty8
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Auction Waiver Process

Postby bungle613 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:49 pm

I use it in several leagues. Some love it, some hate it. To answer your questions...

1) Doesn't matter but most I have seen is $100. I use $100 for all my leagues.

2) No, you have to have a set amount to start and end with.

3) No, If you bid $10, you spend $10. Following your idea it would allow everyone to bid $100 and dummy down.

4) We allow for $0 bids to be placed. That takes care of the bargain hunters.

It is the fairest system in my opinion. The only probelm I have ever encountered with it is the initial implementation as those with poorer teams in dynasty or keeper leagues feel they should get the higher priority. In a redraft league I have had no real problems.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dream_017 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:44 pm

bungle613 wrote:I use it in several leagues. Some love it, some hate it. To answer your questions...

3) No, If you bid $10, you spend $10. Following your idea it would allow everyone to bid $100 and dummy down.

It is the fairest system in my opinion. The only probelm I have ever encountered with it is the initial implementation as those with poorer teams in dynasty or keeper leagues feel they should get the higher priority. In a redraft league I have had no real problems.

All good info, the only thing I would add is for those in dynasty/keeper leagues you can make the starting amount of money larger for finishing in last and go from there. Now, what you would have to watch out for are the people trying to tank games...so, you could go to a lottery system similar to the NBA
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby newera59fifty8 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:12 am

Thanks for the information guy's.

The league that I plan to use this process in is a re-draft format, so the keeper/dynasty problems will be a non factor here. I think the only problem will be some guys in my league shooting down the idea with out even understanding how it works........Imagine that.

I'm going to guess the bidding can start whenever and probably ends on Tuesday night is the best format for a time frame? And anyone dropped in an auction to pick up player would then be subject to another auction ( just like a waiver period )

anyways, I have been on the site before but I only signed up for an account to try and get some information on this topic. Thanks for helping out.
newera59fifty8
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:43 am

dream_017 wrote:
bungle613 wrote:I use it in several leagues. Some love it, some hate it. To answer your questions...

All good info, the only thing I would add is for those in dynasty/keeper leagues you can make the starting amount of money larger for finishing in last and go from there. Now, what you would have to watch out for are the people trying to tank games...so, you could go to a lottery system similar to the NBA

I agree with Dream.
If you don't have some sort of incremental reverse system in effect you will or should lose the bottom half or your league each year.... IMO.
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner