2011 draft / FA moves and needs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers

2011 draft / FA moves and needs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

2011 draft / FA moves and needs?

Postby Munboy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:25 pm

First off, this was on the Steelers facebook status today...

Mike Tomlin on whether WR Limas Sweed is still in the team’s plans: “Certainly. His competition is getting stiff, because I think we have acquired some guys since we acquired him who have proven they are capable of playing NFL football. I’m sure it’s not a comfortable situation, but it is a competition.”

This dude is still on the roster?? Why? I didn't even know he was still on the team. My guess is he'll be dropped (pun intended) in favor of Ward, Wallace, Sanders, and Brown. I wouldn't mind the Steelers looking for a tall, rangy WR in later rounds, but I think their corp is pretty set for a couple years.

This year's draft, I'd like to see a huge upgrade in corners. The Steelers have the best safety tandem in the NFL (Clark doesn't get the credit he deserves because he plays with Troy, but Clark's play is what allows Troy to do the things he does). Their corners are exploited by QBs who know how to work medium routes because the corners lack the ability to close quickly in the holes that zone coverage can create. Brandon Harris from Miami might be a place to look in the first round.

The Dline is aging. Hood showed some real progress, but with the 3 starters are well into their 30s, the Steelers would do themselves a favor by bringing in another guy to start learning. Phil Taylor from Baylor could be a possibility to take over for Hampton in a couple years. Or Cameron Heyward from THE Ohio State to go on the other end of the line from Hood in a couple years.

Any other thoughts on the 1st round?
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers