Trade-able Blind-bid Budgets? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Horse Traders

Trade-able Blind-bid Budgets?

Moderators: Kareighuis, Cowboys 4 life, Football Moderators

Trade-able Blind-bid Budgets?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:43 am

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 10

Re: Trade-able Blind-bid Budgets?

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:29 pm

Honestly thought I voted, sorry. Either way, Waivers are supposed to be a 1 year thing, dynasty or not. There is too much turnover in team takeovers each off-season to expect a guy to take over a team with no 1st and 2nd rd pick, as well as 0 waiver wire pick-ups for an entire year. Zero. That's a bit ridiculous to me, even if it happens 1 out of however many times. Love to say it would never happen, but as soon as players start getting traded for 100$ instead of draft picks it'll be the norm.

Now, if I'm misunderstanding I apoligize. Maybe we mean, trade the budget amount this year but it resets back to 100$ for everyone at the end of the year. If so that's completely different. But if we mean trade budgets, then they roll over season to season, how do you get money back? Do you add 100$ to whatever you ended with already? '

I can see those two scenarios being way differnt. If it's gonna carry over though I don't see that bein very appealing. Everyone should be on equal grounds in terms of waivers from start of new season IMO.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kareighuis » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:48 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Maybe we mean, trade the budget amount this year but it resets back to 100$ for everyone at the end of the year.

That's the way I see it. Given the poll about rolling over Waiver budgets is stacked heavily against it, seems others agree.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:51 pm

Kareighuis wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:Maybe we mean, trade the budget amount this year but it resets back to 100$ for everyone at the end of the year.

That's the way I see it. Given the poll about rolling over Waiver budgets is stacked heavily against it, seems others agree.

If this is the case then I change my vote, not as big of a deal to me. Because I didn't want to be penalized if I didn't join in on the bidding of the budgets but I had to start next season with 100$ against a team with 300$.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer