Still trying to find a trade.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Still trying to find a trade....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Still trying to find a trade....

Postby Achmed » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:44 am

Still trying to wheel and deal -- no luck yet. I think people are reluctant to deal with me because I've been to two Superbowls in a row (though I lost both).

Keepers for next year: Rodgers, CJ2K, Charles, MJD, Jennings, Fitzgerald. I also get two of Wallace (duh), Starks, DAlexander, or Pettigrew as bonus keepers for next year. Wallace and Pettigrew only have this status one more year, Starks and Alexander have it for two more years. Since they are "bonus keepers" they don't factor into the main six at all.

This leaves me cutting VJax and Finley, since I can't see keeping them over any of my original six in a PPR league.

I'm trying to find a deal with the following owner (his likely keepers have an *):
QB-Flacco*
RB-Turner*, Greene*, RBrown, Ivory (bonus keeper)
WR-White*, Manningham*, Crabtree*, MSW
TE- Gresham (bonus keeper)

Clearly the target here is Roddy White. We have 1 flex spot, so my usual lineup was CJ, MJD, Charles, Jennings, and whoever had the better matchup between Fitz and Wallace. In a PPR though, I think I'd like to flip to a 2RB, 3WR lineup, with CJ, Charles, White, Fitzgerald, Jennings. That looks pretty nasty, right? I originally approached him about a VJax and Finley for White deal, and he said he'd like to wait and see how things shake out in pre-season first.

First off, does offering MJD (assuming all looks good with the knee) and VJax get me White?

Secondly, this owner is picking 4th in the draft, and the three guys ahead of him have their TEs, so if I could come up with something where I could flip first rounders with him, I could probably draft Finley back. Can I offer MJD, VJax and my #1 (10th overall) for White and his #1 (#4 overall)?

Do you see any deals here? I don't mind dealing with this guy, as he was one of the lower scoring teams last year, and he's in the opposite division.
12-team PPR, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 1D/ST
Unlimited keepers, but more than 6 cost draft picks, starting w 1st Rnd

Keepers- Rodgers, RJennings, Fitzgerald, Hilton, Pitta
and one of Wallce or CJ1K
Achmed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Iowa, the land of no major league sports teams whatsoever (sigh)

Re: Still trying to find a trade....

Postby Indibuck » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:22 pm

Why don't you offer VJax and Jennings for White? You could even include Finley in the deal. Both sides win big IMHO.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Achmed » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:54 pm

I guess I'm just enamored with a possible White/Fitz/Jennings WR corps. I certainly could offer both Jennings and VJax and move Wallace into the WR3 slot, though he's not nearly the PPR option that Jennings is.

Achmed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Indibuck » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Achmed wrote:I guess I'm just enamored with a possible White/Fitz/Jennings WR corps. I certainly could offer both Jennings and VJax and move Wallace into the WR3 slot, though he's not nearly the PPR option that Jennings is.

but you're missing the point.... you are only keeping 2 WRs anyways (besides your exceptions), Jennings and Fitz, and Wallace is your 3rd WR in either case. I think White is an upgrade to either of them, but especially Jennings.... Why not trade away Jennings with the other guys you aren't keeping to upgrade your keepers?

If you think you can do better, by all means, but I think you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't try to upgrade one (or more) of your keeper slots.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Achmed » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:49 am

Point taken.

Does this mean I absolutely should NOT consider moving MJD?

Achmed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Indibuck » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:46 am

Achmed wrote:Point taken.

Does this mean I absolutely should NOT consider moving MJD?

I think it's tough to get great value from MJD as an informed owner knows there are some potential issues with the knee. Unless someone makes you a great offer, your best bet may be to hold onto MJD -- not a bad 3rd RB lol.
Indibuck

Postby srlarson » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:47 pm

I think your first two guys are untouchable, Rogers, and Johnson.

But I think you would be missing an opportunity if you didn't package a 3 for 2 or a 4 for 2 to get some upgrades on some of these guys. I would be open to trading any of these guys for the right guy back. Charles, MJD, Jennings, Fitzgerald, VJax and Finley

As a gut I would want to keep one of Jennings or Finley, but depends on your feeling of connections.

But I think you need to hit the trade wire and see if you can make your team better. an example I would have no issue trading Fitz, Charles and Jennings......for top WR and top RB.....giving him a 3 starters for 2....even if you have to throw in a 4th....

Actually with the way AZ qb's look I would think seriously of keeping V Jax over either Fitz or Jennings......

just some thoughts....

Good Luck
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Achmed » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:17 pm

As far as Fitz vs. VJax goes, my thinking is that with NO QB at all, Fitz was still a top-10 PPR WR. And they have to get someone, right? Whereas VJax will get franchised for this year. But if he ends up, say, in Cleveland the following year......?

I just felt like Fitz's ability alone keeps him near the top despite his circumstances. And Jennings is not leaving his QB anytime soon, so he feels safe. But VJax has one last big year left, unless they work out a deal. But do we see him agreeing to a deal with AJ Smith at this point?

I agree on efforting a multi-person deal. But so far, I am finding little interest in anything other than a total fleecing of me.

Achmed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions