Who to keep? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who to keep?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who to keep?

Postby gmcman22 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:29 am

Please take a look at my roster. I'd like some advice on making off-season moves to get under the cap (15 slots) and improve my team. Due to injuries, I can keep the majority of contributing players, however it leaves me one slot short if I want to keep Ben Tate, who I drafted with a late pick last year as an investment. Primary question is should I try to trade or drop one of these guys in favor of keeping Ben Tate as a prospect? I have the 9th and 14th (last) pick in the first round and the first and last pick of the second round already.

A. Rodgers - QB (3)
C. Benson - RB (1)
R. Grant - RB (1)
P. Hillis - RB (3)
D. Williams - RB(1)
A. Miles - WR (2)
A. Boldin - WR (1)
D. Bryant - WR (1)
M. Wallace - WR (2)

Players dropping: B. Tate, J. Ford, J. Gresham, D. Driver, D. Keller & others of no value.
gmcman22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who to keep?

Postby Indibuck » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:03 pm

OK so I am a little confused.... you say you have a 15 person cap, but you only list 9 that you are keeping.

I would say this -- I would easily keep the 9 that you have listed over Tate, and it's not close.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby gmcman22 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:13 pm

Sorry for the confusion. Players are valued based on their performance the previous year. We get 15 slots, but Aaron Rodgers takes 3 slots. The numbers in parenthesis are the slot values.
gmcman22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Indibuck » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:14 am

Thanks for the clarification. I still don't keep Tate over any of the other 9.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby gmcman22 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:09 am

That is what I was thinking too. Pretty good group of core players and with 2 first and 2 second round picks already, I like sitting tight. I think I just over thought it a little since I had high hopes for Tate. Probably can pick him up in the draft again if I really wanted to anyway.
gmcman22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Indibuck » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:03 am

gmcman22 wrote:That is what I was thinking too. Pretty good group of core players and with 2 first and 2 second round picks already, I like sitting tight. I think I just over thought it a little since I had high hopes for Tate. Probably can pick him up in the draft again if I really wanted to anyway.

Yeah my thought exactly.

Obviously the Texans saw something they liked in Tate when they invested a 2nd round pick on him... and this was coming off the heels of Steve Slaton's huge rookie year. But Foster is not Slaton... Foster can and will continue to be the lead guy in HOU. I could envision Tate being 2011's version of Rashard Jennings -- a guy that shows production when on the field but stuck behind a legit starter. You draft that type of player, not keep him, because the only way his value goes way up is with an injury to Foster.
Indibuck

Postby hammertoes » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:10 am

Agree with Indibuck. I've been doing a lot of mocks lately and Tate has been available in the last few rounds every time.

Help?
viewtopic.php?t=489935
hammertoes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby srlarson » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:33 pm

yep agreed roll with what you have.......
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby JMAC IS BACK » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:39 pm

Ya it is a no brainer, keep the guys you have listed and let Tate go.
JMAC IS BACK
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby gmcman22 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:43 pm

Agreed, the only thing I'm considering is the potential to trade someone for draft picks. I'm not inclined to make any moves unless the offer is pretty darn good.
gmcman22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions