S JAX Dynasty deal?? WHIP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

S JAX Dynasty deal?? WHIP

Moderator: Football Moderators

S JAX Dynasty deal?? WHIP

Postby JMAC IS BACK » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:35 pm

I currently have Jahvid Best, Ryan Mathews, Jonathan Stewart and S JAX as my RB. We start 2-3 each week ( 2 starters and one flex) it is a dynasty league and I was recently offered pick 1.07 in this yrs rookie draft and a 2nd rd pick in next yr's rookie draft for S JAX .
I am pretty comfortable with my young high upside RB ( I also have Fitz, VJAX, Garcon, Jordy Nelson, MSW at wr and rivers and vick at qb)
I figure to be able to land a gabbert or newton, a jones or green or a leshoure,ingram, williams at pick 7
IS that a solid enough deal to move SJAX who will be 28 before season starts and with his running style , seemingly on the downside of career.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
JMAC IS BACK
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: S JAX Dynasty deal?? WHIP

Postby Indibuck » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:21 am

I think you lose on this deal... no way do I give up SJax for the 1.7 rookie and a 2nd round pick next year.

First of all, he's your RB1. I know you like your young RBs, but Best has injury issues, Matthews has his own (and potential TD vulture Tolbert as well), and Stewart still has DWill as the starter in CAR.

Second, if Sam Bradford takes the next step in his progression, the STL offense could put up BIG numbers, especially considering the 6 division games they will play. 2011 might be the year that SJax gets some TDs to go with his yards.

Yes, he has some wear, but he is still worth far more (especially in PPR leagues) than the 1.7 and a throwaway 2nd round pick.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby snixx79 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:37 pm

I dont think you are getting enough here either. Who knows what you might get at 1.07, but at best it will be a hit or miss young RB/WR, and thats if the rest of your league drafts awfully. LeShoure, Williams, Ingram, etc...will all be gone in first 5 picks...if you are happy dealing SJax for say Julio Jones then it might be worth it...but i would stay put.

Help?

viewtopic.php?t=489950
snixx79
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 7)

Postby danielgreen091 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:50 pm

No way should you take this. If SJAX was in your rookie draft he would be the first or second player taken. A future 2nd is not worth very much. Depending on the team its coming from that could be the 24th pick in the draft.

Help me please
viewtopic.php?t=489978
danielgreen091
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed May 11, 2011 2:10 pm

I would sell. I'd shop around first, but this is enough for me to sell. You can find a RB later if you need it. Get value while you can. You're lucky to find a buyer.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:54 pm

PPR? I'm liking SJax in PPR leagues.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby LS2throwed » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:14 pm

It depends on who is available with that pick. I'm not in love with the value, but I'd never go into this season with SJAX on my dynasty team, under any circumstance. I'm just a believer of in dynasties Im not gonna keep a player until he has no value left. Maybe he des hve another solid season, but they still have no on to split carrie and I highly doubt he plays all season. If he mises weeks 13-16 he did you no good.

If Leshoure and Ryan Williams are availble at that pick, which in my recent draft both were there at 1.07, I'd do it. Then again I'd want more value. If he sent this counter with a 2nd this yr also, around 2.4 or higher to get another fall back RB before the drop off happens. Or look for a younger player he may not need as much, Mike Thomas, Ryan Torain, somone who has a shot to explode and has youth on their side but hasn't done it yet. Especially at RB if you can. Even if those RB's were gone and you reached I'd like that better,but sell it to the other trade partner and let him know you need more because the big RB's are gone.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer