Government Shut Down - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Government Shut Down

Moderator: Football Moderators

Government Shut Down

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:48 pm

My cousin, active duty in the Air Force, just got this email from the Secretary of Defense: “As an active duty essential personnel, you will report for duty as normal, and work with no pay until Congress provides the appropriate funds.”
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Government Shut Down

Postby knapplc » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:37 pm

It's nice to see that political posturing takes precedence over treating our men and women in uniform respectfully.

I'd say what I truly think of congress about this, but I'd get carded. It's certainly not PG-13. :-C
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:50 pm

knapplc wrote:It's nice to see that political posturing takes precedence over treating our men and women in uniform respectfully.

I'd say what I truly think of congress about this, but I'd get carded. It's certainly not PG-13. :-C

Agreed. (not about getting carded; that my opinion on the matter also has lots of very bad words)

So if the government isn't at work, then we don't have to have our taxes done by the 15th, right?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:20 am

scottaa1 wrote:
knapplc wrote:It's nice to see that political posturing takes precedence over treating our men and women in uniform respectfully.

Agreed. (not about getting carded; that my opinion on the matter also has lots of very bad words)

So if the government isn't at work, then we don't have to have our taxes done by the 15th, right?

Agreed as well (about the opinion and not the cards).

I think that's only fair that we don't have to have our taxes in, and they should find a way to still pay those of us who have refunds coming ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:46 am

Apparently they got something worked out. And what's this I hear about we have until the 18th? Maybe I won't do my taxes today after all.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Guru13 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:36 am

I've said this before, but... facepalm.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Return to General Talk