Wenchtamer's Rookie Big Board - 2011 Pre-Draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2013 NFL Draft

Wenchtamer's Rookie Big Board - 2011 Pre-Draft

Re: Wenchtamer's Rookie Big Board - 2011 Pre-Draft

Postby Guru13 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:24 pm

As a guy that watches some, but not quite enough college football as he should, why so down on Thomas? I feel like he has some decent upside as a between the tackles runner. First, second and short third downs - he's not terribly fast obviously, but he's of good size, is apparently a decent pass protector.. and isn't the biggest knock on him outside of his speed is that he runs to tall? That's a pretty coachable issue I think. Sure Brandon Jacobs can't figure it out, but others have.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Wenchtamer's Rookie Big Board - 2011 Pre-Draft

Postby Wenchtamer » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:10 am

You could easily move Thomas up in front of Ponder/Stocker but I think he belongs in the 20's. Honestly he seems solid all around but I don't see him being anything special at the next level. Unless he receives a Frank Gore workload I just don't see great things. I have seen him ranked as high as the fifth best RB, so I could be wrong, but that's where he ended up on my rankings.

And yes I have heard that he runs too upright. That's not really my main concern but it is a negative.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to 2013 NFL Draft