Please help!!- Rankings needed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Please help!!- Rankings needed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Please help!!- Rankings needed

Postby cincypalmer » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:05 pm

Hello All,

I am 2 weeks away from my Dynastys leagues annual entry draft. I hold the 4th overall pick and some others in the 2nd round. I would like if i could have some people Rank these following players in order that you feel they should be selected. Please pretend i need help at every position because i am looking for the best available no matter what position.

Newton
Gabbert
AJ Green
Julio Jones
LeGarrett Blount
Mark Ingram
Mike Williams (T.B)
Arian Foster

My league consists of 8 teams. We keep all players every year. Team rosters cannot exceed 28 players excluding defense. Every year we have a 3 round entry draft with the bottom 4 teams being in a lottery for the 1st overall pick.We start 2 qbs, 3rbs, 3 wrs, 2tes and 1 d. Basic point system..1 point 25 yards qb..1 point 10 yards rb/wr/te rush or recieving. 6 points for all tds run/throw/catch...minus 2 for int/fum.. At the end of the year each team draws a player from a hat and that player becomes a free agent and is put into a silent auction. My team consists of the following:
manning-romo-shaubb-roddy white-edwards-Dez bryant-jennings-demetruis thomas-peterson-thomas jones-stewart-taylor-benson-thomas-greene-micheal bush-dexter Mccluster- Moreno-danials-keller-witten
baltimore-chicago-kaeding-nugent

The league is entering its 8th year, i won it in 2008 and 2009.
"THE CHAMP IS HERE"
cincypalmer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Please help!!- Rankings needed

Postby prince.malachi » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:48 am

I have never played in a dynasty league so don't pay a ton of attention to rookies but here is how I would play it out. If you could help me with my question that would be awesome.

Arian Foster

LeGarrett Blount
AJ Green
Mike Williams (T.B)

Julio Jones
Mark Ingram

Gabbert
Newton

viewtopic.php?t=489963
12 Team, 3 player keeper, No PPR, Standard nfl.com scoring

QB- D Anderson (M Schaub)

RB- C Portis
RB- D McFadden (E James, D Rhodes, L Washington)

WR- B Edwards
WR- H Ward
WR- N Burleson (V Jackson )

TE- J Shockey

DST- Giants

K- Bironas (13)
prince.malachi
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Indibuck » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:10 am

cincypalmer wrote:Hello All,

I am 2 weeks away from my Dynastys leagues annual entry draft. I hold the 4th overall pick and some others in the 2nd round. I would like if i could have some people Rank these following players in order that you feel they should be selected. Please pretend i need help at every position because i am looking for the best available no matter what position.

Newton
Gabbert
AJ Green
Julio Jones
LeGarrett Blount
Mark Ingram
Mike Williams (T.B)
Arian Foster

My league consists of 8 teams. We keep all players every year. Team rosters cannot exceed 28 players excluding defense. Every year we have a 3 round entry draft with the bottom 4 teams being in a lottery for the 1st overall pick.We start 2 qbs, 3rbs, 3 wrs, 2tes and 1 d. Basic point system..1 point 25 yards qb..1 point 10 yards rb/wr/te rush or recieving. 6 points for all tds run/throw/catch...minus 2 for int/fum.. At the end of the year each team draws a player from a hat and that player becomes a free agent and is put into a silent auction. My team consists of the following:
manning-romo-shaubb-roddy white-edwards-Dez bryant-jennings-demetruis thomas-peterson-thomas jones-stewart-taylor-benson-thomas-greene-micheal bush-dexter Mccluster- Moreno-danials-keller-witten
baltimore-chicago-kaeding-nugent

The league is entering its 8th year, i won it in 2008 and 2009.

First of all, you are correct to look for best player available, regardless of position, based on your current roster. With your start-2 QB requirement, those top-tier rookie QBs will go much quicker than in a typical dynasty draft. With Manning/Romo/Schaub, I think you let others draft Newton/Gabbert and maybe take a shot at a 2nd tier QB to develop later in your draft.

For the players you listed, I would dynasty rank them as (and added 2 RBs to the mix):

Foster (his owner had to have been PISSED to have to throw him back :-b )

AJ Green
Julio Jones
Mike Williams
Ingram

(RB Leshoure)
(RB Ryan Williams)
Blount
Gabbert
Newton
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby srlarson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:15 am

Rank them:
Foster (#1 by far)
M Williams TB (for those of you who have him ranked lower...man look at his numbers...young stud)
L Blount (as much for need...your Rb's are your weakest position.....getting a started huge)
M Ingram (depending where he goes.....but same reason as Blount)
AJ Green
J Jones

Wouldn't touch this group of Qb's.....real or fantasy.....I would look at Dalton in the 2nd....depending where he ends up.

Good Luck
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Indibuck » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:32 am

srlarson wrote:Rank them:
Foster (#1 by far)
M Williams TB (for those of you who have him ranked lower...man look at his numbers...young stud)
L Blount (as much for need...your Rb's are your weakest position.....getting a started huge)
M Ingram (depending where he goes.....but same reason as Blount)
AJ Green
J Jones

Wouldn't touch this group of Qb's.....real or fantasy.....I would look at Dalton in the 2nd....depending where he ends up.

Good Luck

I agree that he was big last year, and he is a special talent. If this were a redraft league, it would be stupid not to draft Williams well before the others sans Arian Foster.

Two reasons for ranking the two rookie WRs above him:

1. I think that both Green and Jones have Calvin Johnson/Randy Moss/Andre Johnson upside. In a dynasty draft, I can't NOT take a shot at one of these guys if they fall to me.

2. Mike Williams doesn't exactly have a sterling background... I think that the odds are higher for him to miss games due to things other than injury (i.e. suspension) than other WRs. It doesn't always work out like that, but it's something you have to consider as you are making a long-term commitment to a player... so if you pick him, you should make sure you keep the Pepto-Bismol handy.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby srlarson » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:48 am

Indi, that's the great thing about FFL is different opinions...I love taking fliers....but not when proven guys are there.....heck in my leagues last year drafted both Dez and Mike W.....but had my starters first....got lucky and both stuck....but lots of young guys never make it.....even hyped guys....

when a proven stud in on the board...take the stud....my 2 cents!!

Good luck!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions