Why do commish's get angry when owners object to breaking - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Why do commish's get angry when owners object to breaking

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why do commish's get angry when owners object to breaking

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:39 am

the rules?
Or when other managers object to BS trades?
Are we talking about collusion between friends, including the commish, who are involved in the trades or in breaking rules?

And, why is an owner who questions the lack of action by them someone who is a troublemaker and league problem? Err, those folks are thought of as an asset in other places?

IMO, if folks don't want to obey the rules and not make silly one sided trades with their friends, then they shouldn't join the league???

Anyway... it seems like the FFC mods always side with those who break rules? I wonder WHY that is... other than they are sick of me objecting to BS in my leagues?
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Why do commish's get angry when owners object to breakin

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Probably because the commish doesn't believe its actually breaking the rules. Examples?

Probably that manager has blinders on. During the draft you must act fast. If a trade is close to fair you accept it. Outside the draft all managers have a chance to object to the commish.

No we are not talking about collusion. Everyone that I play with wants to win including the commish. I have never seen collusion in anyn of my Cafe leagues. I have seen a manager try and lose to get a better draft pick. I have also seen one whine and complain that their team stands no chance but when we brought a real manager to take over that team they actually did fine with the team and either made the playoffs or just missed. I won't name names but you know him very well.

Maybe because that owner doesn't know enough about fantasy football to assess a good or bad trade. The next sentence is actually a statement not a Question. You should probably use a period instead of a question mark.

During the draft you must be quick with a decision as to whether a trade is fair or not. For example: This is not really a fair trade but it could be depending on who is selected at 3:07. The way I see it if a person is dumb enough to trade a 2nd to get a 3rd then so be it.
FantasySportsMaven wrote:Trade between me and Aaawall91.

FSM gives her 2011 2nd round draft pick
and
Aaawall91 gives his 2010 3.07 Draft pick.

And the answer to the last question is give me some of whatever you are on. Please present a case where a FFC mod sided with someone who broke the rules. I warn and ban people all the time for breaking the rules. I have never sided with someone who broke the rules.

I do have to credit you on your friendliness meter though. Thats the first time I have ever seen one completely empty.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon May 02, 2011 10:38 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I do have to credit you on your friendliness meter though. Thats the first time I have ever seen one completely empty.
Hehe... that happened over the course of a few days and no posts other than those I had during a disagreement with a MOD here on the Cafe. I noted my 100% friendliness rating and then since absolute power absolutely corrupts, I suddenly went from 100% to O%.

It really doesn't bother me since I don't really care what others think while I pursue fairness and truth in the leagues I am in.... but, YOU and the CAFE should care... since the mod hacked attack on my friendliness meter basically makes the meter worthless and draws attention as to any other moves that the mods make here on the Cafe.

Shame on you all who were involved..... :*) :,-( :-{
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun May 22, 2011 4:49 pm

FantasySportsMaven wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:I do have to credit you on your friendliness meter though. Thats the first time I have ever seen one completely empty.
Hehe... that happened over the course of a few days and no posts other than those I had during a disagreement with a MOD here on the Cafe. I noted my 100% friendliness rating and then since absolute power absolutely corrupts, I suddenly went from 100% to O%.

It really doesn't bother me since I don't really care what others think while I pursue fairness and truth in the leagues I am in.... but, YOU and the CAFE should care... since the mod hacked attack on my friendliness meter basically makes the meter worthless and draws attention as to any other moves that the mods make here on the Cafe.

Just so you know we have the same weight as everyone else does. the only way I can change your friendliness meter is to post feedback like everyone else. There is no special button to make it go from 100% to 0%.

You have to have 20 or so people post feedback saying you are unfriendly for that to happen.

I do care about fairness in my leagues. I watch closely for collusion. I just don't agree with you in the instances you are talking about. The trades I have seen have been close enough to rule out collusion.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Mon May 23, 2011 8:08 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
FantasySportsMaven wrote:

Just so you know we have the same weight as everyone else does. the only way I can change your friendliness meter is to post feedback like everyone else. There is no special button to make it go from 100% to 0%.

You have to have 20 or so people post feedback saying you are unfriendly for that to happen.

I do care about fairness in my leagues. I watch closely for collusion. I just don't agree with you in the instances you are talking about. The trades I have seen have been close enough to rule out collusion.
Not that it matters to me, but my meter went from 100% to 0% in one minute. I was having a discussion with a mod here and mentioned that if I am such a nasty cafe member why do I have a 100% friendliness rating... and in his response he told me to take a look at it now... and when I looked, it was where it is now. All I can figure out is he had access to a reset button for the meter? It actually would have been pretty funny if it hadn't happened to me. :-)
2011 FFB Totals
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:23 pm

Can I see an example of the trade that was collusion? Or expected collusion at least.

I also don't see anything wrong with the future 2nd for a current 3rd, I do and see that alot. If I'm giving up 3.04 I'm gonna ask for a future 2nd. It balances out due to the weight of having to wait, it's in the future, etc. I think that balances out, I've been the one giving up the future pick and taking it before in that scenario.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer