Return to 2013 NFL Draft

Draft Analysis

Draft Analysis

Postby The Lung » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:57 pm

I am stunned! 8-o
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jake Locker at #8 to Tennessee!

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Me to. I thought Blaine Gabbert should have went ahaead of him after Locker's last years performance
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby The Lung » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Now Ponder at #12...this draft is crazy...4 QBs in the first 12 picks!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby spodog » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:43 pm

I'm stunned only 2 guys came into this thread to post during the entire 1st round. What has happened to the cafe? 8-o
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:17 pm

Sad state of affairs indeed. But then again I could be jaded by the Seahawks' pick !+) :,-(
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Draft Analysis

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:03 pm

What has jumped out to you in the NFL draft? What aspects of the trades grab your interest? What picks surprised you? What was the best prospect/scheme match? What drop/reach was warranted?

I'm surprised about the Redskins/Jaguars trade-
1- The Redskins actually traded down, and got a 2nd round pick for it. Considering that team doesn't have a 3rd or 4th, that's significant. Will they manage to trade down again?;
2- Does the Jax drafting of Gabbert make Garrard tradeable/cuttable? Would that make him the best stopgap QB available?

As a Matt Ryan owner, love the move up to get Julio Jones.

While everyone is surprised about the Vikes getting Ponder, it's the next pick that has me surprised. Detroit needed oline help badly, and only 1 had been taken at that point. Great that they could strengthen their d-line, but...

I like the Falcons' trade up. Far from a fan of the Saints'. I don't see how Ingram helps the team enough to justify what they gave up- 2nd this year, 1st next year.

Glad to see Chiefs went WR (major need) rather than working on the d-line, as frequently mocked.

Big Faller/Reach- Locker, Amukamara, Castanzo, Carpenter. I know Locker often got mocked to Tenn, but I still see that as too early, based on talent.

What do you think of the Draft, either in terms of fantasy terms or in real-NFL perspectives.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Re: Draft Analysis

Postby berrymyers » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Redskins apparantly not interested in picking any players....

Bengals(I'm a fan) actually appear to know what they are doing this year. Mike Brown must be on vacation!!

What do we not know about Mallet?? Surely character issues that are unproven are causing this. He is sliding hard!!!
berrymyers
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DemonDeacon » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:01 pm

Im not a Browns fan but what a GREAT move for them. I have to disagree with you about the Bengals. I really think they would have been smart to take the deal ATL offered them, thats just me though. I like the Falcons move, gives them a push for the Super Bowl, I think that Saints did well also. Another team I really liked so far is the Detroit Lions!! Seriously it looks like they've put together a 2nd great draft and could become legitimate contenders if Stafford can stay healthy.

I thought Zona was gona take Mallet, I'm from Washington and even though I'm not a huge Mallet fan I think Seattle's gotta draft him at 75, then again maybe thats why I'm not a scout ;-D
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)

Postby DemonDeacon » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:02 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Sad state of affairs indeed. But then again I could be jaded by the Seahawks' pick !+) :,-(

Mallet to Seattle at pick 75??
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:17 pm

Redskins didn't have a 3rd or 4th rounder, so falling back made sense. And, with the RB and WR issues, nevermind QB, and Shanahan's reputation of finding late gems, moving back to get a bunch of 5th and 7th rounders made sense. They got Hankerson with all those moves...

Mallett's character concerns aren't unproven. He has substance/alcohol abuse issues and bristled when repeatedly asked about them at the combine. That's without even mentioning his total lack of mobility.

I haven't liked the Detroit pick. If Fairley pans out but Stafford, the franchise's future, gets killed or even worse his career put in jeopardy, is it worth it?
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to 2013 NFL Draft