$4.25/gallon - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

$4.25/gallon

Moderator: Football Moderators

$4.25/gallon

Postby scottaa1 » Thu May 05, 2011 6:01 pm

I sure am glad I ditched my Dodge Ram for my little Mitsubishi... the Mitsu can't carry 3 cubic yards of mulch, but it doesn't cost me $100/week at the pump. And if I buy three yards of mulch or more, it's free delivery. B-)

I pulled up to the pump and the previous sale was still displayed. Someone had just bought ~17 gallons, for $71 and change. Yeeeouch. Hate to think what's it's going to hit by mid-summer.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: $4.25/gallon

Postby Venom » Fri May 06, 2011 8:47 pm

I hear that.

My 5 speed Protege hatchback gets great gas mileage and I can haul mulch as well.

Bagged mulch, but still mulch nonetheless.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby joejlitz » Sun May 22, 2011 10:41 am

I just paid 37 cents/gallon yesterday.

The pump was set incorrectly. Instead of $3.79, it was set to $.379. I didn't notice until I pumped 4 gallons and someone asked me to stop.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby scottaa1 » Sun May 22, 2011 2:36 pm

joejlitz wrote:I just paid 37 cents/gallon yesterday.

The pump was set incorrectly. Instead of $3.79, it was set to $.379. I didn't notice until I pumped 4 gallons and someone asked me to stop.

that's cuz you live in the utopia that is the 'iladel. B-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun May 22, 2011 6:21 pm

joejlitz wrote:I just paid 37 cents/gallon yesterday.

I was actually in Philly yesterday at the airport on a connection back from Greece. Wore the Cowboy hat proudly and got roused by a bartender who said my Blue Moon was $679 because I was a Cowboys fan. I didn't say anything back until he brought it up again asking me why I was in Philly with a Cowboy hat. My response "If you think I wanted to route through Philly your crazy. I typically try and stick to Airports of teams who have won a Super Bowl" :-D :-b He got kind of quite after that while I choked down my 22. Still gave him a buck tip to.

I just paid $4.07 out here in California today. My V6 Honda Accord gets about 29-30 mpg so its not too bad
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby joejlitz » Tue May 24, 2011 5:21 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
I was actually in Philly yesterday at the airport on a connection back from Greece. Wore the Cowboy hat proudly and got roused by a bartender who said my Blue Moon was $679 because I was a Cowboys fan. I didn't say anything back until he brought it up again asking me why I was in Philly with a Cowboy hat. My response "If you think I wanted to route through Philly your crazy. I typically try and stick to Airports of teams who have won a Super Bowl" :-D :-b He got kind of quite after that while I choked down my 22. Still gave him a buck tip to.

A $1 tip on a $679 bar tab is about right from a Cowboy fan. ;-)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Venom » Tue May 24, 2011 11:10 am

joejlitz wrote:A $1 tip on a $679 bar tab is about right from a Cowboy fan. ;-)
:-b
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby lmcjaho » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:01 pm

Quit yer bitchin'. I drive a Charger R/T with a 5.7L Hemi and gas here works out to $5.94 a gallon right now for 94 octane. :~(
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby sox 06 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:03 pm

I go weeks between filing up my car. I can get between 30-35MPG in the city and 37-40MPG combined city and highway with my 1998 Honda Civic. I've never done a true highway trip but I can't imagine the kind of MPG I would get. It has almost 178,000 on it and its an automatic.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:22 pm

sox 06 wrote:I go weeks between filing up my car. I can get between 30-35MPG in the city and 37-40MPG combined city and highway with my 1998 Honda Civic. I've never done a true highway trip but I can't imagine the kind of MPG I would get. It has almost 178,000 on it and its an automatic.

That's great mileage but I assume you probably go through tons of sneakers since you have to run through the hole in the floorboards to get it going...

Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk