Dynasty question - Keep MoMo or drop for 4.09 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty question - Keep MoMo or drop for 4.09

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty question - Keep MoMo or drop for 4.09

Postby wickerkat » Tue May 10, 2011 7:52 pm

In two dynasty leagues I have Maurice Morris as my #8 rb. Should I drop him so I can use the 4.09 pick (45th overall) in the rookie draft or hold on to him? I know DET has Mikel now, and Best as well, but MM was doing well at the end of the season. Both teams keep 24 players. We have to do our drops BEFORE the draft starts. My RBs aren't fantastic on either team (but great WRs/QBs/TEs):

D3

ADP
LT2
Ronnie
Jacobs
CTaylor
Gerhart
Dwyer
MoMo

D6

Hillis
Caddy
Ronnie
Rashad
Ward
Hardesty
Harrison
MoMo
wickerkat
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty question - Keep MoMo or drop for 4.09

Postby Venom » Tue May 10, 2011 11:03 pm

He did show up in the 2nd half of the season with 5 TDs in the last 6 games. Not bad for your 8th option at RB.

His value won't be matched in the late 4th round of a rookie draft, even if your league uses IDPs.

That being said, I would wait as long as I can to make a decision, if nothing more than to have a better idea of his status on the team this year.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby wickerkat » Tue May 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Venom wrote:He did show up in the 2nd half of the season with 5 TDs in the last 6 games. Not bad for your 8th option at RB.

His value won't be matched in the late 4th round of a rookie draft, even if your league uses IDPs.

That being said, I would wait as long as I can to make a decision, if nothing more than to have a better idea of his status on the team this year.

That's kind of where I'm at, holding on to him. If Best stays hurt, and MIkel doesn't pick it up fast, meh...could be worth keeping. Do you see anybody on these lists of rbs that you'd drop instead for a 4.09? Ocho is also on #3. Moeaki is on #3 as well, behind DClark/Tamme and GOlsen. That's about all of the wiggle room I have. #3 is getting old, came in 2nd in 2009, 4th in 2010. #6 has super-stud wrs with AJ, Roddy, Wayne and Boldin.
wickerkat
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed May 11, 2011 2:11 pm

He has no long term value and should be dropped. Assume even if you kept him you'd drop him week 1 for a WW pickup. Don't struggle too much over a guy like Morris.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions